Five Guys burgers: I just don't get it

Anyone tried Zevia sodas?

https://www.zevia.com/

Yes. I’ve been making an effort to cuss less, but I’ve got to say that soda is fucking nasty. Got a sixer and ended up throwing it out.

Besides, the problem with normal diet soda isn’t the nutrasweet or sucralose being carcinogenic, because there’s no evidence of that. The problem with diet soda is that it tastes sweet. And that Zevia stuff tastes sweet too. Like sweet anus.

What I really want is diet coke with, say, half the sweetness. Just cut the nutrasweet in half.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up.

Their Dr. Pepper knockoff is the foulest soda I have ever tasted. I actively disliked it, didn’t even try and finish the can. That’s never happened to me before.

I tried their root beer because it seems like I’ve tried a lot of different root beers over the years with some success… it was disgusting.

Seems like I dodged a bullet. Thanks everyone.

I wish you could buy something that was like 2 oz of sugar-sweetened lemonade with 10 oz of unsweetened Ice Tea. 1/6 the calories of soda and tastes good. All the teas I find have soda-level sweetening, which is kind of gross, or totally unsweeted, or have sorbitol which I don’t like.

You could try diluting regular soda with seltzer or something. Won’t get the acidity correct though.

Also why buy something like that when you could buy the full strength and dilute? I laugh at the e.g. reduced calories Tropicana that literally is diluted regular orange juice.

I need it to come pre-made so my office can order cases of it.

There’s a lot of sweetened ice tea that comes in at 8g-12g/8oz aka 33-50% of soda and the super sweet iced teas. That’s probably the best you can do then.

So there’s no such thing as only stevia diet coke? I’d invest in that.

I thought the green label coke was Stevia… Coke Life? Something like that.

Here we go: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Life

Yeah but it’s part sugar. I want to avoid sugar completely.

I feel like stevia has a weird taste or aftertaste, so I’m not surprised they use both.

Back when I was a coffee drinker I’d use packets of the then new sweetener. It never bothered me.

I tried Coke Life. Still had that nasty artificial sweetener aftertaste.

The new Coke Zero still has that aftertaste as well. It’s not as pronounced as it is in most diet drinks, I’ll give it that. But it is still there.

I’ve never actually seen Coke Life, except in TV commercials. I wonder if they just don’t sell it in the midwest.

It’s like Mr. Pibb Xtra. I couldn’t find that when I lived out in the Seattle area, but it’s really easy to find in the midwest and the South.

Been drinking diet soda for 30+ years now, so my taste buds may be biased. But has anyone else tried Pepsi Zero Calorie (formerly Pepsi Max)? To me, it’s the best tasting diet soda of them all (and I believe has the most caffeine). There’s also a wild cherry version that is harder to find. It’s also huge in Norway - saw it more than I saw diet coke when I was there a couple years ago. That might be the case throughout Europe, but I didn’t visit all of Europe.

You can get coke life in austin at the grocery store or from amazon prime. it’s a decent alternative to regular with around 100 calories per can. does have the stevia aftertaste but milder than usual diet drinks and the actual sugar helps.

Only thing I knew about Pepsi Max was when my cousins from Scotland came to visit during the late 90s and early 2000s, they had already seen the commercials in the United States shown for Mountain Dew (remember those?), even though Mountain Dew wasn’t sold there. Over there the same commercials were for Pepsi Max.