Five Guys burgers: I just don't get it

What you suggest is indeed good, but I prefer Gobi Manchurian.

Like I said, even better with cauliflower!

Also the ROI on those custard machines is pretty damn good.

I think we should all agree that malts are the tops! I do NOT understand why so many places up here in New York offer shakes but not malts.

But then, I also don’t understand why so many places–especially damned near every deli–don’t offer ice for soft drinks. I don’t WANT to drink out of a fucking can!

Good news! Culver’s offers custard as well as malt milkshakes made using said custard! It’s a win win!

It’s weird considering NYC used to be pretty much the malted capital. Malteds and egg-creams and no ordinary shakes at all. There used to be this wonderful place on Columbus Avenue pre-upper-west-side gentrification that served pretty much nothing but malteds, but they were banished by developers many years ago.

Also, what’s really odd to me is how relatively easy it is. A canister of malt powder is cheap as fuck and easy to keep beside your blenders. It’s basically a free $0.50/shake all sorts of places are sacrificing for no reason at all.

Side note, but my tenure at B&J taught me that a sprinkling of malt powder on top of a standard hot-fudge-and-toasted-nuts sundae is divine.

My mom cooked it just fine I think, and I hate it. Hell I had it in a different country, someone said they couldn’t recognize the dish, and I tried it and spit it into my napkin because it was liver. I don’t eat organ meat.

As for the frozen dessert, if I like the flavor and it’s good, malted, custard, ice-cream… sign me up.

For me a whole plate of liver is a huge smelly horrible mess. But I was at a izakaya bar in Japan the other day when among the many little tapas-like things the owner made up for us, one was a little skewer of liver tidbits. Delightful.

Yep, I have that can in my cabinet and sprinkle it on my ice cream at home, along with chocolate sauce.

Conceptually similar, but I’d have put it at cheesy grits. By which I mean about 1:1 grits-cheese ratio. With maybe a little extra cheese.

I purely love chopped liver. But whole cooked liver? Nope. Texture issue.

Braunschweiger is where it’s at!

Wait, there’s such a thing as whole cooked liver? How do they make sure it’s cooked correctly? At least with chopped organs, sautee them to get heat into them quickly without overcooking them and making it tough.

I know, right?

I recall my mom scoring the whole liver before cooking it.

Oh, I’ve been doing the Liverwurst thing…yeah…I am pretty satisfied…

I score it a 1/10.

Rye bread, a thick slice of onion, spicy mustard. Now I’m hungry.

Yeah, liverwurst has the right amount of liver; enough for some interesting flavor, not enough to be smelly or overwhelm everything else in the whole meal. Ideal with onions and spicy mustard and maybe some bacon too. American wheat-rye is good with it if it’s not that horrible mushy commercial stuff, but that weird dense cube-shaped german rye works too.

I use Maille old fashioned mustard with the whole grains. I love the crunch of them. And if you haven’t tried braunschweiger, it’s basically liverwurst with bacon. And yes, it needs to be artisinal rye bread over the generic supermarket kind, which just doesn’t have the right texture.