Flight of the Conchords

Just saw these guys on Comedy Network the other day, found my favorite song of theirs on youtube.

Apologies if there is already thread about them, search turned up nothing.

nobody should ever be criticized for pointing out the true genius of FOTC

They even have a TV show. You should check it out.

I really like their website.

Flight of the Conchords have put up a website on the internet. A spokesman from the band (Bret) said it there was a five year delay launching the website online due to a ‘disagreement’. Apparently there was debate over how many times letter ‘W’ should appear in the ‘WWW’ part of the web address. While Bret wanted four making the domain name wwww.conchords.co.nz Jemaine was vying for seven with wwwwwww.conchords.co.nz. It turns out that you’re only allowed three anyway.

The stripey jersey (’sweater’ for Americans and ‘jumper’ for the British) that Bret bought just over a month ago has turned out to be a very succesful purchase. Bret has had 5 compliments on it so far, including three from women.

Last week while visiting New Zealand metropolis Palmerston North city, Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement of Flight of The Conchords were exposed to radiation from an explosion at a power generating wind farm leaving them with super powers. McKenzie found that after exposure to the radiation he was able to send text messages with his mind and Clement reported that he was a bit stronger than usual and could lift about three or four more shopping bags than he usually could. But really full ones though. Effects wore off after ten minutes but during that time McKenzie managed to text his mate Dave “HPPY BRTHDY DAV. I M SNDNG THIS USNG MND”.

These guys are hilarious.

It’s clearly business time.

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=36317
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=35961

• Alan

Second season starts january next year (according to wikipedia).

Definitely in my top ten shows - depending on the street though.

My favorite non-show song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlYkIJVguCU -Jenny

Sad that it will be their last season. One of my favorite shows

“And he helped you when you got your head stuck in the chair. Remember? He was there for hours.”

The “Brett, You’ve Got It Goin’ On” song is probably my favourite TV comedy moment of the last ten years or so.

“Can I please have a look at the lyrics?”

I loved when he joined in on the song.

“I got it go’in on.”

“This is another one of your weird songs, man.”

. . . .

“I think sometimes you hear what you want to hear.”

These aren’t tears of sadness because you’re leaving me, I’ve just been cutting onions. I’m making a lasagna…for one.

It wouldn’t be gay to put a wig on a man and pretend they’re a woman…

How could that be gay if you are pretending they’re a woman?

… not that I did it.

Why, I wonder? They’ve only had one season, and it was atomic-bomb-level funny. Wouldn’t HBO pay these guys a lot more than they are currently making to keep the series going?

H.

I am pretty sure the reasoning they have is sound. From what I heard, it seems like they think that coming up with a new show, a slew of new songs for the show, and fitting those songs into the show is a lot of work.

I think maybe if they took a break, and worked on an album over a while, they would come back and do more. From what I understand they didn’t say the show was over, just that they have no plans to directly continue season 2 with a season 3 the year after.

i don’t think that it is work, per say. it is that they spent about a decade writing the original material and feel they simply don’t have enough time to present as a polished of product.

Yeah, this is what I’ve heard, and in fact, Jemaine had reservations about even doing a second season for this reason. I wish someone would tell them that we’d be perfectly happy with just more of the show, even if it only had a new song every two or three episodes.