FLOTUS under Trump

Fuck are you on about? The reactionary shittiness of some people is indeed on display in this thread. Quite recently, in fact.

Let’s get some perspective here:
Michelle Obama basically performed as flotus perfectly, and didn’t cost the tax payers millions of dollars to secure a penthouse in NYC, and yet got called a literal crossdressing man because her arms were too strong looking.

Melania is a waste of money. An ignorant one with her socalled cause of ‘anti-bullying’ when she is married to the bully-in-chief.

OMG we showed concern for our fellow humans. What assholes are we!

Seriously, dude, what the fuck. If there was a dislike button, you’d get one.

I think you need to go back and read this again. You missed most of the conversation, like maybe you read the first article posted, didn’t read anything else and just assumed you knew what people were talking about.

Screenshot:

https://twitter.com/WilliamTurton/status/859589985363689472

3D printing makes another inroad…now it’s being used to make gifts for visiting political figures!

she’s despicable.

She’s also done fuck all: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/07/06/after-presidential-tweetstorms-melania-trump-has-credibility-fulfill-her-promise-tackle-cyberbullying/BcXmCZ1GTBexFTPQSW2w4L/story.html

From reddit comment:

Rosalynn Carter: Mental health, women’s rights.

Nancy Reagan: War against drugs

Barbara Bush: Literacy

Hillary Clinton: Women’s rights, health care, historical preservation

Laura Bush: Education, children, women’s health

Michelle Obama: childhood obesity, nutrition, exercise

Melania Trump: Fucking nothing

She can only hope.

Technically, she’s done worse than nothing. Melania’s only campaign pledge was that as FLOTUS she’d work on anti-bullying and anti-cyberbullying initiatives. That was already a laugh during the campaign, but after Donald attacked Mika Brzezinski the past week, the Office of the FLOTUS defended his attack by saying “As the First Lady has stated publicly in the past, when her husband gets attacked, he will punch back 10 times harder."

WTF? If your office had stayed silent on the matter, it would’ve been better.

Yeah, but then Trump would have beaten the shit out of her.

What were her campaign promises?

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/03/500560195/melania-trump-reemerges-on-campaign-trail-pledges-to-fight-online-bullying

[quote]
Regarding children, [Melania] Trump outlined what she says will be one of her main causes as first lady: fighting youth bullying, in person and online.

“Our culture has gotten too mean and too rough, especially to children and teenagers,” said Trump. “It is never O.K. when a 12-year-old girl or boy is mocked, bullied or attacked. It is terrible when that happens on the playground and it is absolutely unacceptable when it is done by someone with no name hiding on the Internet.”

She continued, “We have to find a better way to talk to each other, to disagree with each other, to respect each other. We must find better ways to honor and support the basic goodness of our children, especially in social media. It will be one of the main focuses of my work if I’m privileged enough to become your first lady.”

“We need to teach our youth American values: kindness, honesty, respect, compassion, charity, understanding, cooperation.”[/quote]

Here she is in October talking to CNN about her anti-cyber-bullying focus:

[quote]
My passion is the same [as I’ve said in the past]: helping children and helping women. And also, I see now in 21st century, the social media, it’s very damaging for the children. We need to guide them and teach them about social media, because I see a lot of negativity on it, and we need to help them. It has some positive effects as well, because this is the life that we live in now. But has a lot of negativity as well. And I see more and more children being hurt by it . . . A lot of bullying.[/quote]

From that quote it sounds like she’s promised to fight children and teenage bullying. I think that’s consistent with her being okay with adults bullying each other.

Yeah, I’m sure that’s how Trump’s supporters spin it. That’s if they even bother. Most of them acknowledged right off the bat during the campaign that it was bullshit.

Except children follow by example. Pretty difficult to tell a child not stick white powder up their nose as their parent does it right in front of them so no, no that’s not consistent at all.

I can imagine the ads on Fox News for her prime time death matches would be pretty well received.

As long as the children weren’t white.

I don’t mean this as a defense of Melania, but, has there ever been a first lady who was perhaps less prepared for the position she currently holds? I doubt a year ago she even considered this a real thing.

Almost every past first lady has experienced years learning the political trade from her husband, learning what was expected of her. We have never had an “amateur” president before.

Not a defense, just a observation.