FLOTUS under Trump

I mean, I was pretty much “Eh, whatever” to all of this for a while. A lady who cares about her physical appearance has some surgery. Maybe she wants some extra time to convalesce. Good on her.

But now this is just turning…legit weird, as you say.

It was inevitable that Ivanka would replace Melania - we all knew it was coming.

Plastic surgery recovery is fairly likely, I suppose. Still weird.

Fembot needs to recharge.

I don’t know why anyone is surprised that the younger wife/stepmom is not invited/doesn’t want to go to an event with the previous wives’ kids. This is like page six of the “So you’re getting a hot trophy wife” handbook.

onetwothreefourfiveupvotefriendlikesubscribe

Trophy wife, no. The First Lady of the United States? Hell yes they go to every memorial day ceremony and whatever else. It’s literally their job.

She’s useless and fulfilling even minimal duties required of the role.

But guys, she sent that tweet! Why are we all working overtime to determine her whereabouts in the face of such irrefutable proof of her loyalty and continued existence?

Imagine if she just disappeared forever and they would try to cover that up with cardboard silhouettes of her moving around behind the windows of the white house, and Trump continuing to fake tweet on her phone.

Not ambitious enough. Think more Weekend at Donnie’s.

Yep, pretty much!

I did think of Weekend at Donnies, but felt that went a bit too far… No need to drag her corpse around.

At this point I wouldn’t even be surprised to learn she was dead or he divorced her and shipped her overseas and no one said anything about it.

Not a ceremony, though. We’re talking about a private family weekend at Camp David.

Meliana’s behavior seems odd when viewed through the lens of the First Lady of the US. But when viewed as the behavior of hot trophy wife #3 of a rich guy and B-list celebrity, it’s pretty mundane. She’s recovering from surgery and doesn’t want to deal with the press, Donnie’s BS, and his idiot children, so she nopes out for a while. (Let’s not forget she didn’t bother to move into the White House for six months after the inauguration.)

She was notably absent from the Memorial Day wreath-laying ceremony last week, which is what Quaro was referring to. That’s an event the First Lady traditionally joins the President for.

And as for the Camp David trip, we don’t know that the rest of the kids were invited first before Melania (presumably) demurred. We just know who ended up going.

I’ve been getting a feeling that there is an unlikely possible future path here that ends Trump’s Presidency. That for all the talk about Mueller it’s probably Melania that is the tipping point.