FLOTUS under Trump

The normal, natural explanation would be that Melania’s surgical procedure had complications or consequences to the point of not being able to appear pretty in public and that either because of vanity or because of her legitimately precarious health she has simply secluded herself until she gets well.

The normal, natural explanation seems not to apply all that much to this administration and family, however…

And that totally makes sense, and if they actually said “Here’s what’s going on, and she’s convalescing and hopes to be well enough to appear in public soon,” then OK, great. Get well soon.

The need for Kremlin-like secrecy is just baffling.

“You said you couldn’t win. We would never be in White House. This is not fun. I quit.”

My favorite theory so far is that Melania is in witness protection program, thanks to Mueller and very happy.

Plastic surgery seems more realistic.

Not to me, because it’s generally obvious when it’s done. I don’t think either she or Trump would be able to tolerate the firestorm of before and after pictures. Unless her surgery had some disfiguring complications, anyway, which doesn’t seem likely from what they’ve said it was for, but I suppose is not out of the question.

Except when people get “just a little work done” (in their terms) they never expect people to notice and this is the delusional-in-chief + wife.

What’s weird is that normally everything, and i mean everything, gets leaked from this Whitehouse.

It’s weird that nothing is leaking about Melania.

Not impossible. But I think there’s another explanation.

Yep. Most likely she did have the kidney surgery and just doesn’t want to be bothered with anything. She literally could care less about being anything to this country/government.

I bet it is crime to release information about people in witness protection programs, and this was done by Mueller who never has any leaks.

You’re writing fan fiction now. If you wrote that in a book, any decent editor would send it back, flagging it as ‘too improbable’. Audiences would pillory it as a deus ex machina.

I give it 2:1 odds in this, the stupidest timeline. In 100 years, presuming we don’t make earth uninhabitable, people will swear the official histories are a lie, and were written by a hack Hollywood screenwriter.

Sweet summer child.

That thought had occurred to me, but I think Trump would be way more unhinged if that had happened. Assuming he knew, ofc.

That is the weirdest part of it all. No leaks. No information. Nada.

I’m not really being serious. Although, I’m kinda of like @CraigM in any other administration this would be absurd, in this one merely improbable. But it does explain the lack of leaks better than anything else.

I agree that it’s the weird part. What I don’t know is what it means. Just about the only thing I can think of that might shut up both the leaky White House and the press is if it has something to do with Barron.

(And she’s not in a witness protection program. If she were, Trump would be completely unhinged and tweeting about it 24/7.)

And that’s kinda who I’m actually a little worried for. I hope he’s alright. And if he is alright, if mom isn’t able to be around for him much for some health reason, and if Dad is gone for the weekend to Camp David, I really hope Barron has someone around to provide him the kind of parental love and nurturing a kid needs to have.