FLOTUS under Trump

Except she didn’t see any of the human rights abuses perpetrated by her husband. She saw smiling happy kids in one of the best detention centers in TX. They didn’t take her to the ones with cages and traumatized kids.

The whole thing was a PR stunt so Trump and co could get pictures of happy illegals to shove onto Fox News and get their base back on board.

I did hear a clip on the radio where she asked the Border Patrol guy how long the kids normally stay in the center and after some hemming and hawing he told her 40-45 days.

I don’t care how “nice” the facility is, being taken away from your parents and being stuck in a place for that long still isn’t humane. Of course then they are probably flown to some unknown place in another state where they will be for the rest of their lives because the system will lose them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/katierogers/status/1009855152197599237

“TTFN!”

I don’t understand who Trump was sending a message to. Her husband? Us? The media? To the refugees?

As much as I love the idea that diss tracks will now become diss coats, this one is baffling me a bit.

It’s a fairly obvious attempt to move the story off of “kids in concentration camps” for a few hours. And it’s clearly working, sadly.

I would bet that tonight at my second job when I wander past a break room with CNN playing that they will be spending hours discussing that jacket and the message behind it.

I mean it shouldn’t take hours. Melania was being an asshole, taking a page from her husband.

Done. No further analysis required. Just a minor footnote on the ‘Trumps are evil’ pile.

Feels like this incident is putting a damper on infrastructure anti-bullying week.

It doesn’t seem like she is being very best.

The message is that Melania doesn’t really care about her husband’s infidelities. The more the merrier.

Hey, she just wants to make sure that everyone has the same opportunities she had. It’s very giving of her.

‘One roughly used husband, free to a good home’

Have seen speculation that DT didn’t want her to go on the trip at all, and maybe the jacket was a message to him.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

As the scholar Paul Strohm puts it in his book Hochon’s Arrow, “Queenly mediation was … a ‘sponsored’ activity, an activity that—for all its tacitly corrective and admonitory content—seems to have been entirely congenial to male monarchs and to the whole system of relations that maintained them on their thrones.” In other words, both Melania and Ivanka follow to a T the template of the medieval queen, whose job it was to support the monarch and provide cover for when he must—for political expedience—alter his positions.

Wearing that jacket is insane.

I mean, normally i could agree that the clothes don’t matter… But wearing that jacket indicates a truly profound failure to empathize, or it’s an intentional message.

That cannot possibly be an accidental coincidence.

Hahahahaha

She is truly a ceckless funt if I’ve ever seen one.

But don’t say that, or his snowflake followers might become offended.

I watched this episode before: