FLOTUS under Trump

Good for Melania. If the Daily Mail was lying then they certainly deserve it.

Speaking of Melania and her duties as FLOTUS, apparently this Easter Egg Roll fiasco is bringing out the knives:

$3 million should be enough to set her and Barron up somewhere nice until the divorce settlement is finalized. Run Melania, run!!!

He’s not the first president that’s been divorced but would be the first one to divorce during/after. I wonder how that would be handled? Would there be any need for protection of a former FLOTUS?

grifter got some money after all for doing nothing.

From Donald, yes. But his Secret Service detail could do that.

I’m thinking the same, but really, is that spelled out anywhere? It’s not come up, but surely they’ve planned on it happening to a future president.

https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/852968772088594434

The late start in planning by the Trump White House points to a smaller and less ambitious Egg Roll than in previous years. There may be half as many guests, a fraction of the number of volunteers to manage the invasion of the South Lawn, and military bands in place of A-list entertainers like Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Idina Menzel and Silentó who have performed for Egg Rolls past.

And yet somehow I bet this thing costs at least twice as much as it usually does.

I’m certainly no fan of the FLOTUS, and I’ve never been to this event, but why on earth does anyone feel like the White House Easter Egg Roll should include Justin Bieber or Ariana Grande or the like? I know it might sound crazy but why not just have assorted child-related activities and performers dressed up in costumes walking around? Every event doesn’t have to be a star-studded extravaganza (and I guess I’m indirectly saying “Thanks Obama” for escalating things in this regard).

So if the event is more low-key than in prior years, that’s ok with me, and I will not be participating in the Internet Outrage™ over this.

Also, you kids, get off my lawn!

Just a guess … for the kids. Adults don’t care about that shit (for the most part.)

EDIT: Also, Obama’s kids were fairly young when he took office?

It doesn’t have to have A-list performances, but if it doesn’t, you’d assume it would cost a lot less.We’ll find out how frugal the White House is this year.

Don’t forget that Trump’s crusty sperm also produced issue with Melanie, despite her uterus’ beat efforts I assume.

What’s this $800K charge from the Trump Co for managerial fees?

She should stop wasting taxpayer dollars and move to the fucking White House already and do her shitty ceremonial duties.

What is that reality? She is Rapunzel with no prince and no hair, locked in a tower of her own volition, and delighted with the predictability and repetition of her own captivity.

Why not move to the White House? Let’s see.

In three years, Melania only posted one picture of herself and Trump. He dominates the frame; her face is in shadow and cropped out. It is both a selfie and an erasure, a depiction of her placement within their world.

Melania posted five photographs of Trump with their son. She took each photo from behind the two, sometimes literally from the backseat. Boys in front, girls in the back, the same arrangement we were all so appalled to see on inauguration day, is her norm. She lives in the background.

I don’t blame her for not wanting to be around him. It just sucks we have to pay for it because of who she is.

Given the Biebers et al . performed for scale/free, it probably will.

That’s a pretty harsh psychoanalysis of her through nothing but photos she’s taken. It could be she’s just not very creative. Mellinials and sub- are hyper obsessed with composition and context and Melania is 46 years old. There’s seems to a little bit of back porting of social media values across generational lines here.

Melania does I think show the complexities that young women feel about her ambiguous and not necessarily positive role she is playing now; how much is she capable of being held liable for, where does her agency begin and end, what are the socially appropriate boundaries of criticism against her. The author above did focus in depth at worrying over Melania’s apparent passivity, in an age when quite public declaration of agency by young women are de jour.