FLOTUS under Trump

Yep. It’s called for - the librarian wanted the news to pay attention, and she’s reaping what she’s sown.

It’s social-media-ification of what’s in and out. She probably encountered in her social media circle how “problematic” Seuss was in the last couple years and now among her peers it’s obvious that Seuss is racist and we need more diversity in children’s literature and now this conversation is over. And then out of nowhere she gets handed a bunch of Seuss by a Republican President’s trophy wife. Her comments just sound like longform tweets or something from Jezebel or TheMaryJane.

Thing is though because Seuss does have material in the past that compromises him, no compromises need to be made with Seuss today, for a certain set of progressives. The only context that matters to me is my context and to me Seuss is bad today and there are more diverse children’s writers today, so why do we need Seuss?

IE, i don’t think she’s doing this for attention in some hypocritical sense. I think that more than likely among her peer groups this is just How Things Are and now she sees her chance to Make a Statement about racist/sexism/problematic stuff in society.

I like how Fox News has an entire section of their site devoted to the latest controversies. It’s literally titled “Controversies”.
-Picard Facepalm-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK6ezlTUEAAubrp.jpg:large

I guess all First Ladies are racists.

We live in the dumbest time.

First lady Melania Trump fired back at President Trump’s first wife, Ivana, after the latter claimed she was “first lady.”

“Mrs. Trump has made the White House a home for Barron and The President,” the first lady’s spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said in a statement. “She loves living in Washington, DC and is honored by her role as First Lady of the United States. She plans to use her title and role to help children, not sell books. There is clearly no substance to this statement from an ex. Unfortunately only attention seeking and self-serving noise.”

Ivana Trump claimed in an interview that aired Monday on “Good Morning America” that she was “first lady.”

“I have the direct number to White House, but I no really want to call him there because Melania is there,” Ivana Trump said.

“I don’t want to cause any kind of jealousy or something like that,” she continued, “because I’m basically first Trump wife. I’m first lady, OK?”

How is literally everything that happens in this administration so profoundly stupid?

I remember when “ex-wife drama” wasn’t a thing that happened to the highest office in the country. It seems like so long ago!

Remember when the racist white supremacist right wing speculated on all the baby mama drama Obama would bring to the White House?

What the…?

What the shit.

Well of course it’s “Milania”.

Same nostrils, same mouth, heavier makeup in the 2nd pic. Seems to me it’s her.

This is a weird conspiracy theory to start…

“Buy Legal Meds” indeed.

Maybe she just had a couple of Presidential reminders about her role in their family that she wanted to hide behind those glasses.

We should probably not devolve into the sort of conspiracy-filled hallways of such other fine establishments as Breitbart et al.

I think it’s fairly clear that it’s really her. Still a weird story.

This rubs me the wrong way in that pre-2016 election when I would still occasionally get forwards from a conservative group of guys I play board games with, when I pointed to everything to say that a story was completely bogus I would get exactly that response. Either, “hahah it’s just funny”, or “maybe, but it really makes you think”