Fly the not-so-friendly skies

Don’t know about that source but this transmission was unfortunate to listen to, so why not share it again right?

Reminds me of your president.

Except that the pilot is a homophobic, misogynist asshole who is qualified to do his job.

+1 haha

Good one.

Like the Ann Coulter incident, we have another outraged passenger backfire.

Clay Travis, a Fox Sports analyst, was flying with his family from Paris to Nashville on Delta. On a layover in Minneapolis, they were stopped and prevented from continuing the flight because one of his kids had lice.

Here is his angry blog post:

Of course, it’s backfiring on social media. Most people aren’t willing to fly on a plane with a lice-infected child.

Yeah wtf. They should check people’s stuff for bedbugs too, while they’re at it. Good for Delta.

Dear god. They wanted to fly the kid with lice. wth is wrong with these parents?

Yikes.

https://avherald.com/h?article=4af15205

That’s scary as hell. Seeing that out the window would have been nerve wracking.

I’m not sure “nerve wracking” quite captures it. “Pants-shittingly terrifying” would have been closer to my reaction.

Old joke but a good one. A 747 was flying London to New York, over the ocean and the pilot comes on and says “unfortunately, we’ve lost an engine, but we’re fine with three others and will make it to New York, we’ll just be an hour late.”

Later he comes on again and say “ladies and gentleman we’ve lost a second engine, but we’re still on track for New York and will be two hours late”.

Again he comes after a bit and he says “we’ve lost another engine and we can continue on, but now we’ll be three hours late.”

A passenger stands up and says “Jeezus! If we lose another engine we’ll be up here all night!”.

Starting Thursday, passengers on international flights to the U.S. will face heightened security checks of their luggage and new screening interviews or questionnaires.

The Trump administration is imposing the stricter security measures on travelers — including Americans — from all countries, on all U.S.-bound flights. But the exact set of procedures varies by airline, and some have received permission to temporarily delay implementation of the new rules, The Associated Press reports.

As a result, “confusion still remains about the new regulations,” the AP writes.

The Trump administration in a nutshell.

All airline security is just security theater anyway, so the specific procedures don’t matter.

Apparently United implemented an incredibly dumb employee bonus scheme, and has had to “pause” it almost immediately.

The whole thing was incredibly absurd. And it saved the company millions of dollars, despite all those tax cuts.

Workplace loot boxes?

Isn’t it telling that the powers-that-be assumed their employees had the same level of greed and unconcern for their co-workers that they themselves possess?

The thing about this that is amazing to me is that in order to get to the point where they’re rolling out a new official bonus policy with rewards and stuff it means that whole groups of executives had to approve this idea. It’s not like one guy can come up with something like this at United and somehow sneak it into the wild. They had to have dozens of meetings, thousands of emails, Powerpoint decks out the wazoo to make it happen.

All for an idea that any rational person would dismiss immediately. There might have been 100 people involved in this going from idea to execution and nobody raised their hand and said “I don’t get it”?

In my experience, when that happens, it’s only because the CEO is the one pushing it.