Fly the not-so-friendly skies

Clearly I’m a terrible person because I don’t believe some random person’s evidence-free tweets on the internet.

Not evidence free. She reported it to the flight crew (which the airline confirms). She asked them to call the police (which the airline confirms). When the airline decided not to file a police report, she filed one herself and forced them to file an FBI report. It’s right there in the story.

Then she went public, exposing herself to ridicule from people who will say why didn’t she just do X or I think she’s making this shit up.

Filing those reports falsely is a crime. Do you really think she made this up and committed a crime and then went public just to make you look like a bad person?

As if false accusations never happen. I wouldn’t know why anyone does anything, but this doesn’t add up to me.

Me, I find that people’s motivations for what they do are often quite transparent. Occam’s Razor is a useful tool.

I don’t appreciate that you and Nesrie are suggesting that because she’s a woman her claim must immediately be believed, without question.

At this time, I have no reason to disbelieve her. I also have no idea why you are calling me out of all the other people here who have similar positions, aside from the FBI piece I am taking objection to victims having to behave properly in order to put 100% blame on the agressor… oh, never-mind, I do.

So if you actually read what I posted, the FBI’s position is that these unreported, not over. Just an FYI.

Maybe people are getting tired of the comparison to blanking rape victims and time anyone questions, in even the smallest way, what someone said. Or really, even just comments about it

I know this will brand me as a super-sexist-for-life, but I have to say that if a dude theoretically jerking off through his pants pockets under his clothes is enough to terrorize you into hours-long silence as a 21-year old, you have a long road ahead of you.

Menzo can’t even decide what he wants to blame her for, lying or not being the “right” kind of victim he can give a shit about.

I have no reason to disbelieve her. Until I see proof of otherwise, I am going to believe the victim, man, woman or child. My comments have mostly been about this idea that if you’re not the right kind of victim, we should somehow take some or even all the blame off the aggressor. That’s bullshit, and it has nothing to do with believing the woman.

She’s not a victim. She’s a witness

If’s he’s doing this in public, he wants a forced audience. Do I need to show the sexual violence image again or do you want to look it up?

That’s why you say, “holy crap, what’s wrong with you?”

I’m not even sure that rubbing your crotch over your clothes and moaning quietly enough not to attract attention by the person across the isle from you or a passing flight attendance in public is a crime.

You mean something like this?

So let’s be clear here though, now we DO believe her but it’s not crime? That’s the new position?

And just in case this comes at me.

What if No One Sees the Defendant’s Private Parts?

In many states, the law does not require actual observation of the defendant’s private parts. Rather, the law considers whether a reasonable person should have known the act of exposure would be open to observation by others. For example, if a defendant exposes him or herslef in the presence of a third person, who sees the act occurring but turns away to avoid the sight, the act of exposure may be enough for conviction.

Whether or not this can be criminally tried is not the issue. They should have reported this to the FBI and they could at least gets this guys name in the books because.

These people don’t usually do it just once.

Again, the idea of some guy jerking off on an airplane is gross. They should be shamed into the gutter, and/or arrested for public indecency.

The original statement someone made was, “why didn’t she say something.” And this question goes for any guy witnessed such a thing too. It’s no more gross to a woman than a man witnessing this kind of thing.

You seem to think that I need to pick one single reason to think this story is bullshit, when in fact I think there are several reasons why it’s bullshit.

That guy exposed his genitals, which is illegal. Doesn’t seem that this guy did.

I believe the woman saw what she said she saw. But I am not certain if a law broken. Exposing genitalia or breasts is usually illegal, but touching your own covered genitalia or breasts is not. Neither is moaning, getting sexually aroused, or making passengers uncomfortable (though it ought to get you reprimanded/reseated). Maybe some other law applies here, I dunno.

You want to question whether she is lying, fine go ahead. Even if the stats and the FBI say this is under reported and they tell you why people don’t report it, go right ahead.

You want to question whether it’s against the law, fine, go head. Lots of material out there, have at it.

If you want question whether or not she behaved in a way that’s okay with you and then and only then will you be able to blame the aggressor and not hold her to the impossible standard of reacting just right when something gross and violating comes at you while trapped in a tin can thousands of feet above the earth where if you sneeze just wrong you can get your ass thrown off the plane because some employee is in a bad mood… that I take issue with.

Not me. I’m not sure you need any reasons at all.

All I can say is that I have flown in a number of airplanes and not once did I feel the need to masturbate.