Fly the not-so-friendly skies

I thought you were kidding until I looked it up. Holy shit!

I did not realize the airline offered to put the passenger on another plane, plus some bonuses. That seems reasonable. What the flight crew should have done is remove the cushion entirely, sterilize it, and put it somewhere in the back of the plane, and then not allowed anyone to sit in the seat minus the cushion.

The thing is… he says it’s on the wall and the floor… not even first class has a single seat assignment. The other people in the row laid down blankets… this shouldn’t have been a choice for the passengers. Yeah it sucks for the airlines and the other passengers… to bad. Get in line. They also said the animal was sick but not what kind of sick.

So yeah we ingest minuscule amounts of gross things every day, inhale it too, but that doesn’t mean when you see solids, like visual evidence of a problem you should just ignore it. They also… serve food and drinks on planes. Due to foot traffic, not just his, the carts… it was all over the plane.

Oh, I thought it was just the seat cushion.

Well he shows a picture of his shoe, not a small amount there… and there are lines like this in several of the multiple articles covering it:

Matthew Meehan, of Michigan, said that after boarding the Delta flight he quickly discovered not only a bad smell—but feces on the seat, floor and wall of the plane.

Delta says, “You’re welcome!”

So are they giving out birth certificates for dogs now? Like what sort of documentation do people carry that prove their dogs age? The last family dog we had, years ago, had an estimated age that was later corrected.

I guess it means they don’t want to carry puppies.

I can’t see how any properly trained service dog would be under four months old anyway. This is only going to exclude someone’s self-designated “emotional support” puppy.

I have to agree. Service dogs get a LOT of training, and I’ve never seen one even close to that young.

It’s exactly this. I agree with Delta’s motivation here.

Meet Numo!

She’s 10 months old and at the beginning of her training to be a service dog.

Numo will be a good dog.

A vet needs to file paperwork with the airline long before the animal can board. That includes a vaccination record and age. If they are not sure then I suppose they do what they always do, document their best educated guess.

I agree with what they’re trying to do, I just thought the age was a little weird. I guess if you file paperwork and supposedly a vet is involved then at least it’s not some agent making a decision based on nothing.

I’ve never flown with a pet.

I’d be happy to sit next to them. I’d feel the opposite if I were forced to sit next to someone with a MAGA hat on.

I wouldn’t want to sit next to someone in a MAGA hat either, but you know what, there is zero chance I would report them because they’re wearing a MAGA hat. That’s the main difference here. I wouldn’t care if someone woman came onto the plane with her breasts completely exposed. If I can just get from point A to B without someone being gross, loud, or violent… what a plus.

Of course if someone is on a plane wearing a MAGA hat, seems like the chances of them not also being obnoxious is probably zero too.

Haha, this exactly.

I have about 3m air miles under my belt, and all I look for is someone who fits in their seat and doesn’t smell.