Food aversions you developed?

I’m so sorry for your loss. May the grace of our lord Jimmy Dean help you through these times of sorrow.

The obligatory Jim Gaffigan link.

SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY.

Brilliant.

Scallops! That was the worst night of my life. They were prepared at home, my mom at them with no trouble, and me… well, we won’t go into it.

I also go through phases where eating in general kinda grosses me out. I can never explain those, but fortunately they’re rare and don’t last long. The scallops episode did occur during one of those phases, I now recall… hmmm.

I need way more phases where eating grosses me out. I’m hoping that loss of appetite will be a silver lining of the radiation treatments I’ll be starting soon. :)

My god… I’d rather eat a Hot Pocket than listen to that dingbat.

:)

Start slowly by eating a small portion by dipping french fries into your Frosty. Work your way up from there. I hate to see a man incapable of enjoying the occasional Frosty. It just isn’t right.

I guess I can understand people having short-term aversions to certain foods related to specific ilnesses. At least for me, however, those go away after a time. Earlier this year I got mild food poisoning from a specific Jack in the Box item, and yeah, I haven’t had it since. But I haven’t avoided Jack in the Box in general. Nor have I ended with long-term hatred of pizza or ham, which were both causes of much more serious food poisoning incidents.

Cream of tomato soup due to being violently ill after eating it for lunch, and grapes, due to eating an entire grocery-size plastic bag’s worth of the damned things at once. Long story.

Depends on where they’re administered, really. If your gut lining isn’t in the path of the beam, your appetite shouldn’t be affected.

I may have missed an earlier post where you explained what the treatments are for. Can you point me to it/PM me/whatever? I’m concerned for you and hoping for a good outcome.

Whoah, I missed that too, good luck jerri, let me know if I can help. I live close enough that you can actually call me out on this offer. ;)

Guinness. One too many car bombs one night. Couldn’t stand the smell of Guinness for years. Still can’t stand the taste.

Same thing almost happened with martinis, but I made myself get back on the gin horse a few days later. It was for my own good.

Ah, if we’re going there, tequila.

The electrical engineering department chair challenged me one time. I think I won, but I don’t remember for sure. Other things that happened that night: I bet a professor I would get an extra-class ham license within a month; my boyfriend drove home with some other people and left me at the party with another drunk engineer and the professor and his wife. Nope. Not my most classy evening.

To this day I can’t stomach any seafood. I believe this traces back to a traumatic experience as a child when my father took me fishing in his driftboat. Aside from being vaguely seasick from spending so much time going down rapids, my father had the nerve to catch a huge Chinook Salmon and pull it into the boat. When you are that young and a fish twice your size in thrashing about the deck as your father beats it to death with a billy club it tends to leave an impression. I remember spending most of the trip cowering under the bench in the bow of the boat.

Real. Water, soy beans, salt, wheat flour, preservatives.
I know what you mean, didn’t experiment it with soy sauce but with a variety of jams, creams, sweets. Once you get used to natural, quality ones, the cheap artificial flavoured feel like poison.