Food delivery services (DoorDash, Grubhub, Postmates, UberEats, etc.)

I’m sure we have crazy stories like this. I think the nature of these gig economy jobs means you’re going to get people who don’t know how to have a job.

I’ve had delivery drivers get near my apartment and then apparently decide they’d rather not and drive away, telling the app that they delivered the food. Not sure what they thought would happen when I tell Doordash that no, the food was not delivered, and there’s no texted photo showing it delivered.

And as I noted about parking, I have about 1 in 6 drivers simply refuse to find a place to park. About 1 in 10 call me and tell me they can’t even find the building.

And I think three times I’ve had the totally wrong order delivered to me - not even close like a missing item, just clearly someone else’s order sitting outside my door.

My assumption is that there is very little, if any, actual vetting of the drivers going on. In my area it’s rare to have someone who speaks English very well, which is totally fine until they call you shouting about something.