Food Recalls (that are interesting)

The last discussion of a food recall happened in P&R for some reason. Anyway I figure it might be good to start our own non-political food recall thread here.

If one already exists, I apologize. I searched but couldn’t find anything.

Anyway, it’s safe to eat some romaine lettuce again. Just not from the central coast of California.

Good place for this. Thanks.

I think I’ll stay away, for awhile, just to be sure.

Okay to eat some? When you can tell me which, I’ll eat them.

Also, isn’t most lettuce from Central Coast California?

According to the afternoon news, Florida grown romaine was not affected by the outbreak.

Too keep this mostly not political, let’s just say that they’re not testing the water, part of the no more regulation spiel, and lettuce seems to be especially prone to this problem. I mean if they don’t want to regulate then… what good is finding the source of the problem anyway.

I read this thread’s title as ‘Ford Recalls’ at first, which struck me as a bit specific.

So, Romaine lettuce will be changing now.

The FDA recommendation is as follows:

Romaine lettuce entering the market will now be labeled with a harvest location and a harvest date. Romaine lettuce entering the market can also be labeled as being hydroponically or greenhouse grown. If it does not have this information, you should not eat or use it.

The Trump FDA?

Trumpco Intl Untld just bought the rights to a cellophone bag sticker making company.

We wanted to do this before, especially for meat, but it kept getting shot down.

In this date and age, there is no good reason why everything shouldn’t have this kind of basic information.

I dunno, wouldn’t John Stamos get pretty mad? Are they even still together?

you beat me to the Rebecca Romaine Lettuce joke I was thinking up.

Bravo sir.

This thread title is very interesting.

Also cauliflower

That was a big turkey.