Footie fans unite!

Seeing as we went a little off topic on the other thread, thought it best to groove on over to here. Rodge, gotta ask, what is your view on Premier league fans? When we were in the league I had a lot of problems with the fact that there seemed to be too many plastic supporters. For example, at Spurs (sorry Gary) we were given the smallest corner of the ground imaginable yet still managed to out-sing the ‘mighty yid army’. Old Trafford is a ground I’ve yet to make it to but have not heard good reports. Any thoughts? Also, where you from sunshine? Assuming you’re a manc but, seeing your club, you could well be from Singapore!!! :lol:

Edited to include something I meant to say : about Becks though, you’ve got a good enough team that you’ll easily survive well.

Man do we need a silly foreigners section here at Qt3 for threads like this. :wink: “Manc”, Premiere League, “footie”. All crazy made up words.

From where I’m sitting you’re the foreigner!! :D Let’s just remember whose language it was originally!! :wink:

From where I’m sitting you’re the foreigner!! :D Let’s just remember whose language it was originally!! :wink:[/quote]

:D

The league in Sweden runs on spring-autumn schedule, so we still have half the season left, which will be very interesting, especially as my favorite team is qualifying for Champion’s League at the end of the month.
Though I prefer hockey.

Just to disassociate the proud Emerald Ireland from whatever wincingly homoerotic babytalk “wolfie” is flinging around here. I have never once heard anyone in Ireland refer to “football” by the really embarassing euphemism “footie”.

It’s past somebody’s bedtime :lol: . Love how you managed to have a crack at my nick as well, all in one fell swoop. ‘Dr.’ ‘Crypt’. Perhaps Irish people don’t call it footie. Then again, they also call ‘idiots’ ‘eejits’. Draw your own conclusions. :?

Cliché warning: This post contains the phrase “grass roots supporters”

Well, having attended exactly zero PL matches I don’t feel that I’m overly qualified to comment on the quality of the supporters, but hey, this is the Internet. Sounds like the same here though with AFL (I’m in Australia, by the way). Once the money gets into a game, and prices go up for admission, a lot of the grass roots supporters fall by the wayside, and the games lose atmosphere and passion. I’m assuming that Man U home tickets are quite bloody expensive indeed, so you’ll less likely to attract “boisterous” supporters. That’s how it’s been here anyway. The general commentary has been the push to more expensive tickets, and marketing at families, has reduced the passion somewhat. But go to any local league match and the crowd are right in it. And alcohol and the odd fight as well of course, wouldn’t be the same without it.

When I get over there though I’ll be making sure to book myself in for a couple of games. There’s not much of a chanting tradition here, which I always find a let down when pommie crowds are out touring for the cricket and like.

PS No need to worry about derailing a thread. It’s expected here.

Cliché warning: This post contains the phrase “grass roots supporters”

Well, having attended exactly zero PL matches I don’t feel that I’m overly qualified to comment on the quality of the supporters, but hey, this is the Internet. Sounds like the same here though with AFL (I’m in Australia, by the way). Once the money gets into a game, and prices go up for admission, a lot of the grass roots supporters fall by the wayside, and the games lose atmosphere and passion. I’m assuming that Man U home tickets are quite bloody expensive indeed, so you’ll less likely to attract “boisterous” supporters. That’s how it’s been here anyway. The general commentary has been the push to more expensive tickets, and marketing at families, has reduced the passion somewhat. But go to any local league match and the crowd are right in it. And alcohol and the odd fight as well of course, wouldn’t be the same without it.

When I get over there though I’ll be making sure to book myself in for a couple of games. There’s not much of a chanting tradition here, which I always find a let down when pommie crowds are out touring for the cricket and like.

PS No need to worry about derailing a thread. It’s expected here.[/quote]

Yeah, but that one was 10 pages long!! At the moment, apparently the only way to get tickets for Old Trafford is to be a member and then enter a lottery (50% chance of winning one). Big problems with people complaining that it’s been taken away form ‘real’ mancunians (happy now Tyjenks!?). Of course, would have been the same with the Golden Boys had it not been for Vialli ruining our club!! :cry:

Look at this face, he’s a football genius

Cheers mate, I hoped he’d died slowly in a far off place but you just had to remind me of his continued existance. Ramon Vega, I ask you Ramon fuckin’ Vega. Who incidentally was earning more a week than David Beckham until Becks got pay rise.

Fuck ARSEnal