For Honor (Ubisoft)

Positive news! Ubisoft confirmed that all future maps, modes, and patches will be free for everyone like Rainbow Six Siege.

It’s setup like a third person brawler, but the mechanics behind the fighting are done in a way that really invokes the feeling of a fighting game like Street Fighter to me. It’s very much about mind games and reading your opponent, but there is also the layer of tactical positioning and strategic positioning depending on the mode. Unlike most games, I’ve had fun in every mode they have offered. I’m super stoked and the more I play the more I can’t wait.

Hoping some of my friends on XB play when it comes out though, the other game that had me super excited was R6:S, and I’m still the only person on my friends list that plays.

Yeah, lack of people play with is why I skipped R6:S. Pity since it looked pretty cool.

I always wonder if people buy these things.

$220. There’s a PS4 version too.

Speaking as a former store manager, yes. Though it varies quite a bit from game to game. As a very rough estimate, you might see 1 in 20 preorders for a CE like that on a popular franchise. A new franchise with a very pricey CE, probably less. A cheaper CE on an established franchise (say WoW expansion) the proportion would be much higher.

PC requirements:

Requirements.

I like the way they lay that out. Instead of minimum req and recommended req, they go instead with 1080p60 and 720p30. I hope more companies use that metric going forward.

Is the beta signup for this month the same as the one last month? I’m not sure I ever got a confirmation email last time.

I just want to play this for 15 minutes for free.

I just received my PC invitation, so I’ll likely be there tomorrow at 9 AM!

Played in closed beta and it was a really nice game, even if it isn’t really my style I could imagine playing it as a F2P online title.

Supposedly a full single player campaing, so might be worth getting just for that. Online vs. AI or Players was neat. Great animations/graphics and “feel”.

And it looks like I have three invitations to share with friends. Do I have any friends here? If so, send me a PM with your Uplay handle.

What is the beta window? I work this weekend sadly.

If the beta last longer than the weekend, I will be your friend @Mysterio .

:)

I like to think we are friends, but sadly I have to gaming PC.

I’ll be playing on XB1

Please hang on to one of those keys for me. I have to, uh, look up my Uplay username. I will definitely play and post impressions.

@lordkosc, @merryprankster, @TimJames: you all fail for not following my instructions!

9 AM ET Thursday - 8 PM ET Sunday

?

Will do!

Yeah I am out, gotta work. 😣

I got a key, so now I don’t have to follow your instructions or be Uplay friends with you!!!

sad trombone

You were supposed to challenge me to a duel. You’ll never climb the leaderboards with that attitude, or without hacks. Either one works.

I guess if there’s a friends system in the beta we should all add each other. But I don’t want to buy this game so maybe I should avoid it.

Wouldn’t mind checking this out if anyone in the community has another key they could share out to a Qt3 groupie. I have a handful of people from the forum on my ubi friend list.