For Honor (Ubisoft)

In my desperation to get a key as soon as possible I checked the twitter feed for For honor keys , found someone who said he had some keys and messaged him. Isn’t the internet neat.

Now i have to play the game of “when will ubisofts servers decide to email me the key” .

Thanks Mysterio - pulling down files now.
From what I’ve been hearing a controller is really the way to go for this. So I’ll have to finally suck it up and go get a 360 controller or something,

4v4 seems to be broken.

I tried a couple 2v2s and they both had a bot in them.

Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow.

For those who plan on purchasing it, the per-order’s currently 20% off at GMG for all three editions.

I’ve been watching a lot of this being streamed… and I’ve gotten through the tutorial. Not sure if I would purchase this at release. it seems incredibly twitchy too twitchy for this older gamer… where as Overwatch is a little more forgiving with some of the game play styles.

I haven’t done much 2v2 or 4v4 yet, I hope to this weekend. (I went out and bought a cheapy 360 controller last night)

I’ve seen Reddit posts mention Peer2Peer connections, are no dedicated servers planned?

I don’t know about plans, but it’s definitely P2P. The maps are also extremely small, at least the only one I’ve seen. (No idea if there’s more in the demo or if it’s just a different time of day.)

It’s a lot different than Chivalry in that way. The MOBA creeps give it the illusion of more chaos.

The combat is incredible in this, but my fucking god it’s a ganking simulator. You start beating a guy 1v1? He rolls back and sprints away. You kill someone and start to move on? His buddy revived him in 3 seconds, and now it’s a 1v2.

“Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, ‘What is the riddle of steel?’ If I don’t know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me.”

1v1 seems interesting but so far I dislike the other modes. I’m only an hour into it.

I suppose I shouldn’t try that hard to like the game because I don’t have time for it anyway.

Reddit conventional wisdom is “Stay far away”
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5qklcw/for_honor_requires_an_always_online_connection/

If anyone still has an invite, hook me up: Turin_Tur is my username.

When you play someone more experienced than you in this game you really get demolished. I’ve played some people that I can’t even land a hit on. Every attack I do gets blocked or parried, yet they switch their attack directions really fast and do all kinds of hard to defend stuff.

I just wanted to throw that out there, as this is not a game like street fighter where if you are worse than someone you’re still going to do maybe 50% damage to them.

I really like the game though. I have mostly been playing 1v1’s and an occasional 2v2. It’s interesting how in a 2v2 match you start off in a 1v1 but at any time you can break contact and run towards your teammate and double team his opponent.

Glad I got into the beta, as it saved me $60 for the reasons I previously mentioned and what @Zenchess said. Ganking and button spamming simulator, nevermind the peer to peer connections. I was thinking Ubisoft didn’t put matchmaking into the beta because it’s a beta, but it’s also Ubisoft, so that would be another non-selling point.

I saw the ganking on a few of the streams I watched , its a major turn off for me. :(

Is there any single player stuff in this game? A campaign or story as to why these 3 different races are all fighting?

I haven’t seen any info about single player, but this seems like the kind of game that’ll have (if it even has one) a barebones “single player” that’s a multiplayer reskin, like the first Titanfall.

edit: Actually, here’s some “single player” footage from E3. Definitely looks like multiplayer with AI, dubbed single player.

Balance is just vomitously nonexistent.

fwiw if you spam buttons, you will die. That’s like calling Street Fighter a button mashing simulator. It may wreck the people at your local arcade, but it’s not going to do squat vs someone who knows how to play.

the game has matchmaking, do you mean dedicated servers?

you also can’t judge balance when you think the game is a button smasher. So much misinformation

There are 1v1 modes if you prefer to only ever duel, otherwise situational awareness and avoiding getting grouped up on is one of the tactical thigns you do.

Obviously the game won’t be for everyone, but half the complaints you guys have just show you think the game is something it’s not.

High-level play on Twitch seems vaguely interesting, but again that’s just the duels. 4v4 seems pointless unless you have a buddy to gank with.

I assure you, there’s no matchmaking: when there are 40k people online, and my friend and I are put against people with a hero score of 15+ and a gearscore (or whatever that stat is) of 20+ - yeah, no.

Yeah, that looked horribly boring and filled with the “Okay, my fellow soldier will take him on and I’ll jump in as soon as he dies” kind of play. I assume that the final product will be better, but it’s not going to get me on board very soon.