For Honor (Ubisoft)

That’s a great video. Agreed on the revenge stuff too. I’ve seen people pop Revenge twice before dying, even when being ganked by a 3-man pile-on.

i like the mechanic, I just think the ability to boost how fast you gain it AND to have it do even more damage is too much. I don’t think it should boost damage output at all, I’d much rather see it be just defensive bonuses to help you hold out longer. I’ve seen people with full attack and revenge attack gear do 80-100% damage in a single hit. That’s beyond silly imo compared to normal damage.

AFK farming gets bans.

[quote]
In today’s wave, around 1 500 players got a 3-Days ban for doing AFK farming.
Around 4 000 new AFK farmers got detected and will receive a warning.

Using a cheat engine to exploit AFK farming is against our Code of Conduct, and these impacted players may get a permaban for cheating.

In all cases, impacted players will receive an official email detailing their sanction and the reason behind it.[/quote]

Had a humorous thing happen today.

https://youtu.be/3MC_RM1xqrE

OK, I admit it, that was me.

Some people are upset at the high prices for the unlocks.

[quote]
We never had an intention for you to unlock everything in the game. We applied RPG mechanics to a fighting game. It’s like World of Warcraft, you would not try to unlock everything or all the character. Or in a MOBA.

We forecasted that most players would play one to three characters. All the design is based around that. The cosmetic items are really, for us, endgame content. It’s the things we want you to unlock after playing several weeks.

We are releasing more content to give more choices… so that players have a choice and can pick the [content] they like. Yes, those items are harder to access but at least they are grind-able. It doesn’t mean we won’t change anything. We are looking at the feedback and looking at the data.[/quote]

People complaining about this are probably the type that thinks it’s best to work within a system to change things.

To me it’s already hopeless when you fire up a modern overdesigned multiplayer game.

Yeah, I don’t get it either. Ubisoft was pretty open and honest about the direction of this game. It’s a $60 MP client with F2P-style loot, which is a fairly popular and successful model nowadays.

Was any single player story content added? I forget what was supposed to be in game at release.

There is a bit of SP story campaign. It was supposed to be fully playable offline, but just before launch Ubisoft changed the plan and made it all online-only so the player’s XP carries over from SP to MP.

It’s really just an extended tutorial though, so don’t go into it expecting some 20-hour experience filled with plot twists and cool characters. You’re meant to run through it, then go into MP.

Bitching at Ubisoft about the steel rates seems to have worked.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1618797-MAINTENANCE-ALERT-–-Game-Update-–-March-30th-2017

[quote]
We are increasing the overall income of Steel on all matches and Orders across all platforms. Here are the new rates:

All matches Steel income are increased by 25%
Daily Orders Steel income are increased by 33%
Side Orders Steel income are increased by 50%
Community Orders Steel rewards are increased from 500-1000 to 2000 Steel

Those changes can raise your daily first 2 hours income by as much as 45%.[/quote]

Oh hey , dedicated servers are coming! But is it too late? Anyone still playing?

I haven’t fired it up in months. Game play got too repetitive to put up with trying to find matches, getting dropped, etc.

I wasn’t aware there was a season 2! So behold now Season 3!

Free weekend ahead!

Has this improved since beta?

Playing it a bit this weekend for the 1st time in months. Same lousy net code, same lousy matchmaking. Still a potentially good game buried under it all.

What happened to the dedicated servers they said were coming?

If Rainbow Six Siege can recover and then thrive, I feel For Honor can as well.

Goddamn, this is embarrassing. Ubisoft’s $10k Hero Series Grand Final tournament was won by Jakub Palen using an exploit that makes Nobushi practically unbeatable. The kicker? He wrote a long-ass explanation about this very exploit two months ago that went through the For Honor community like wildfire. The For Honor devs acknowledged the issue back then, but did nothing to fix it. Until now.

It’s being patched today.