For Honor (Ubisoft)

Worse he talked about how easy it was to win up on stage, and then a Ubisoft employee attached to the game congratulated him, acknowledged teh exploit, and said they were going to fix it. Horrible optics for the event if, as can be safely assumed, they intended it to grow the game’s player base.

Just fired up Uplay, 12GB patch for the game is being pushed down.

This game seemed like it had potential, but the problem was that it was kind of a fighting game, but with bad netcode… which made it all fucked up.

And the net code is still atrocious. Dropped games, matchmaking is terrible. You spent more time searching for games, getting dropped, searching, etc. than playing the f’n game at times. Too much of the time.

I have a love-hate relationship with this game. Got it free with my GeForce 1070, so that’s a +, I love its visuals, I’m mixed on some of its gameplay design elements (hate Revenge, most abused mechanic still to this day), hate the networking behind it, but when you have a really good session with it, like I just did after taking the fam out to Qdoba and needed to work this queso burrito off , I love the damn thing.

Conqueror hit rep 7 and I got two legendary gear drops after a few matches. Finally settled on that class since it hits hard and yet can be very defensive, which is great for my aged reflexes.

If anyone is still playing…

I’m still playing, saw some of that stuff in a game earlier. Expensive though, the masks and accompanying effects are 15k steel.

I saw a lot of neat things I could earn for free so I fired it up again. On XB1 it’s constant ‘players out of sync’ pauses and crashes along with matchmaking crashing as well. pretty bummed in all these months they haven’t nailed that down

Free weekend on all platforms.

Still no dedicated servers, and no mention of when they even are planning on implementing them.

They’re not going to implement dedicated servers at this point.

Apparently they did test them a few days ago!

I saw that. If they’re stood up, I’m glad to be so wrong.

Too little, I’d like you to meet too late.

Ubisoft really seem to support their stuff these days.

Plus For Honor sold really well, and ended up being in the top 10 games sold in 2017. I’m sure that helped in the decision to continue to support it.

Sure that wasn’t Wildlands?

Top 10 Selling Games of 2017

1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. Destiny 2*
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. For Honor
  9. Injustice 2
  10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

This is January through November. Maybe December’s sales will push it out of the Top 10 though. We’ll see.

Goodness. I’m surprised but pleased there’s room for something that struck me as a bit niche.

Yeah, I agree. It also struck me as a bit niche. I was really surprised that it sold well.

I hope Ubisoft’s own Assassin’s Creed: Origins pushes For Honor down the list after December is tallied. I’m sure Origins cost a LOT more than For Honor in production cost, and is a bigger gamble for Ubisoft. I hope it pays off for them. I really like the worlds they build.

Notice that Watch Dogs 2 is not in that Top 10, so For Honor sold better than that. That’s backlash for the original Watch Dogs being so bad, IMO.