For Honor (Ubisoft)

Watchdogs 2 was a 2016 release. :)

Huh. What do you know? Time flies.

Season 5 with dedicated servers!

Always wanted to get into this, but was totally put off by the netcode woes. Glad to hear it will have dedicated servers- does this game go on a sale with any regularity?

Around the beginning of January, UPlay had it for $20 for the Standard edition, $34 for Gold Edition, Season Pass for $20 for people who already had the standard game. I think PS4 and Xbox had similar sales at the time.

I’m also tempted to pick this up in one of the upcoming sales. It’s interesting how Ubisoft has been able to somewhat change my perception of them over the last year and how that influences my desire to buy their games. Does this game still have an active player base? I’m mainly interested in the online modes. How hard is it to catch up skill wise in the face playing with people who have been at it for a year.

Heads up. The game is on sale for $18 this week on Xbox. I’ve noticed that most sales seem to take place around the same timeframe. So maybe they’ll have a sale on other platforms this weekend or next week.

Appreciated!

As I watched that video, I can’t believe they didn’t already have all this in the game already.

Did they ever fix the network stuff on this game? I seem to recall that being the thing that made it all not work, when I tested it in beta.

Yeah they did with the start of Season 5!

Eurogamer revisited it:

Good change, makes me wonder if the game would have fared better if they had these at the launch though? Played it in beta and kinda enjoyed it. Figure outside the pvp arena mode it could have been fun as a similar gameplay to L4D/Warhammer Vermintide or maybe even a horde-onslaughter or tower defense mode.

This is free to play on all three platforms this weekend, starting yesterday, going to Sunday night at 9pm ET. (PC,Xbox,PS4).

Cool, will have to check it out on the PS4 again and see what’s different. The concept always sounded great but I’d prefer this type of game to be fully focused on single player.

I’ve played a little of this on the Xbone before that system was pretty much co-opted by the kids. Since it’s sale on Steam I grabbed the $15 version. Almost downloaded and I’m prepared to start dying…a lot. Good times!

EDIT: hahaha! Good one Steam! You know when I just mentioned I was almost finished downloading For Honor? I really meant I was almost finished downloading 40 Gigs of ‘For Honor Public Test 3 September 21-25’!? Hahaha. Stupid me! Now I get to wait about an hour or so for the real For Honor to download. Thanks Steam!

Season 7

Just played a few dominion matches tonight. The game has come a long way since its launch early last year.

Marching Fire update/expansion is right around the corner. Oct 16th!