For the love of Ghyslain

You mean Issue #1? Yes. :wink:

Duh. Heā€™s like the awesomest internal medicine dude at County Hospital in Chicago. Now that Mark Green is dead someone has to be the bad-ass.

Most people donā€™t even seem to know what respect is anymore. I canā€™t count the number of times Iā€™ve disagreed or flat-out disproven what someone has said and been rebuked with ā€œthatā€™s his opinion, and you should respect it/him/everyone!ā€

Last I checked, you only got civility automatically. I was under the impression that respect was something you had to earn. Hence the reason respect is, you know, valued and all that.

~MJK

Which is probably why he didnā€™t get the joke you four-armed green man![/quote]

Ha haā€¦ glad you fellas get it. And Iā€™m sorry for unleasing the Martians on our worldā€¦ wasnā€™t that good of a movie in the end, unfortunately.

I donā€™t mind being referred to as John Carter. ā€œCarterā€ will do in a pinch.

Voltaic, I sorta look like a shorter & more stocky version of Noah Wylie, so you got me there, too.

Yeah, John Carter, and I want world peace. Guess what? Ainā€™t gonna happen. Now go sign the petition.
-Tom[/quote]

Whoā€™s John Carter? Jimmy Carter you mean?
[/quote]

Sigh. What are they teaching you kids in school today? :wink:

John Carter was a character from one of Edgar Rice Burroughsā€™ series. The John Carter series was about an Earth man who ended up on Mars and discovered a civilization there. He becomes a Warlord of Mars. Edgar Rice Burroughs was most famous for writing Tarzan.[/quote]

Ah learn something new every day. oh well :)

[quote=ā€œMattKeilā€]

Most people donā€™t even seem to know what respect is anymore. I canā€™t count the number of times Iā€™ve disagreed or flat-out disproven what someone has said and been rebuked with ā€œthatā€™s his opinion, and you should respect it/him/everyone!ā€

Last I checked, you only got civility automatically. I was under the impression that respect was something you had to earn. Hence the reason respect is, you know, valued and all that.

~MJK[/quote]

Careful, when Brian gets called on his misuse of words, he writes treatises to explain how he was really correct. It seems to be an idiotic necessity on his part.

Youā€™d hardly know, since anything that takes longer than 10 seconds to read you ignore. Howā€™s your ADD treatment working out? By the way, youā€™re right. Those first two doctors were a little fishy. Its not your fault the medicine had no effect. Hopefully the stronger stuff will work. The dosage can always be upped further, you know. In fact, Iā€™d recomm

Youā€™d hardly know, since anything that takes longer than 10 seconds to read you ignore. Howā€™s your ADD treatment working out? By the way, youā€™re right. Those first two doctors were a little fishy. Its not your fault the medicine had no effect. Hopefully the stronger stuff will work. The dosage can always be upped further, you know. In fact, Iā€™d recomm[/quote]

Good job sticking it to the Tom/Mark entity there.

Nahā€¦ Asher and I have a history. Our views often are diametrically opposed (on game philosophy and posting values, as well as general taste). Our enemy status stretches back well before the Tom/Mark entity was first seen.

Markā€™s place in the Tom/Mark entity does add fuel to the fire, however.

Nahā€¦ Asher and I have a history. Our views often are diametrically opposed (on game philosophy and posting values, as well as general taste). Our enemy status stretches back well before the Tom/Mark entity was first seen.

Markā€™s place in the Tom/Mark entity does add fuel to the fire, however.[/quote]

You sure have a lofty opinion of your effect on others, donā€™t you?

[quote=ā€œXPavā€]

You sure have a lofty opinion of your effect on others, donā€™t you?[/quote]
Also: Pacific Ocean at least a little damp.

Do we have a history? I donā€™t remember a Brian Koontz before seeing this incarnation on these boards. Did you post under a different name?

Brian Koontz is Mark Asherā€™s Tyler Durden.

-Tom

Sounds like youā€™ve made a dangerous enemy,Mark.

Literally.

You make a point of posting ā€œI like having a resident kook, even if his posts are too wordy for me to bother reading more than the first paragraphā€ in nearly EVERY anti-Brian thread. Iā€™m assuming heā€™s inferred that as anti-Koontzism - thatā€™s the way Iā€™d read you.

On the whole, there doesnā€™t seem to have been much actual dialogue between you and Brian, just unrelated observations (mostly negative on both sides).

I suppose to him that comes off as ā€œbad bloodā€ and to you it comes off as ā€œan average day at the forumsā€. Iā€™d be more inclined to agree with the latter, but I at least see where Koontz is coming from.

I signed itā€¦

What do I win?

You make a point of posting ā€œI like having a resident kook, even if his posts are too wordy for me to bother reading more than the first paragraphā€ in nearly EVERY anti-Brian thread. Iā€™m assuming heā€™s inferred that as anti-Koontzism - thatā€™s the way Iā€™d read you.

On the whole, there doesnā€™t seem to have been much actual dialogue between you and Brian, just unrelated observations (mostly negative on both sides).

I suppose to him that comes off as ā€œbad bloodā€ and to you it comes off as ā€œan average day at the forumsā€. Iā€™d be more inclined to agree with the latter, but I at least see where Koontz is coming from.[/quote]

I thought Brian was referring to some pre-Qt3 exchanges.

Historical in comparison to June 2003 with the emergence of the Tom/Mark entity. Months like October 2002, November 2002, April 2003, and May 2003 are historical in relation to June 2003. The point was that we had a pre-Tom/Mark entity history.

The first time I heard of you was when I came to this website, which was maybe 6 months before I registered, on July 2, 2002.

Ok, so you know me as Mark, but you also know me as the Tom/Mark entity, and these are separate people in your mind. Okie-dokie.

One question ā€“ will you address me by name so I know which of me youā€™re talking to? Thanks.