Ford returning to Indiana Jones

Harrison Ford returns as Indiana Jones for fifth and final episode - BBC News

I can see it working similar to his to return to Han Solo where he sort of hands over to a new crop to have adventures but I’m not convinced he’s quite got the physicality to be the central character again.

Main thread for Indy 5

I even searched as well…

OK, this gets my butt in a seat for the next movie. I’ll watch Phoebe Waller-Bridge in anything.

No news about Shia LaBeouf? Will they recast his son?

Shia Labeouf? Really?

whogivesashit

Maybe they can pull a Temple of Doom and make it a prequel so they can dodge the issue.

edit: The best thing I can say about this production is that it will probably keep a lot of people working in well paid jobs.

I thought John Williams had retired with the last Star Wars movie. With him and Fleabag returning (would it be too much to ask that she also contributes to the script?) Indy 5 might be more than the collection of geriatric jokes we’ve been enjoying for the last twelve years.

He was mid 60s for Crystal Skull. He’ll be pushing 80 in this new movie.

They could CGI/Robert Downey Jr him younger if it’s a prequel.

Me too, but I’ll happily enjoy more work from him.

I was being facetious.

I don’t see how PWB’s presence is going to help things much other than perhaps some amusing line readings on her part. Crystal Skull had some terrific actors in it (John Hurt, Cate Blanchett), for all the good it did.

It would be pretty funny if she just kept breaking the fourth wall and smirking, Fleabag-style, though.

It could be nothing but amusing line reading from Phoebe Waller-Bridge and the movie would pay for itself.

Yes, it would probably be a better film if they just got rid of all the Indiana Jones stuff.

I don’t know why she couldn’t be Indiana Jones.

Oh nice! The Shia LaBeouf replacement, I like that idea!

Excellent!

Is he ever NOT the villain?!!?

See : Rogue One

Definitely Don’t See: Polar