Forget gay marriage, the real issue is Klingon marriage

I’m glad we don’t discriminate against Klingons.

http://custurd.b3ta.com/mirror/klingonwedding/

I’m not.

You know, some people would say the act of marriage itself is the last crazy thing you’ll do, so I see no reason to make fun of people who act appropriately during the insanity and get married underwater, while jumping out of a plane or in a hot air balloon. Why is any of that less weird in comparison to the number of people who do it in a large house with a plaster guy nailed to a fake wooden cross hung up in the center?

Other than the fact that trekkies are weird, period, that is.

Ever notice that women who dress like Klingons already look like Klingon women?

I agree. I don’t know why people get all hung up on formality and “how you’re supposed to do things” when it comes to weddings. It’s your day, and there’s no reason not to make it fun, IMHO. If that means dressing up like Klingons, well, so be it. It’s no less silly than half the crap you have to do in a traditional wedding.

To be fair, my dislike for such events stems more from my dislike for cosplayers and the like in general, and not so much that they are doing this for their marriage.

Weird. They just did this on The Simpsons tonight.

There’s nothing in any federal law that says you can’t discriminate against Klingons. In fact, they encourage it.

Above the neck, anyway. Am I a bad person for precognitively knowing she was, you know, roomy?

Above the neck, anyway. Am I a bad person for precognitively knowing she was, you know, roomy?[/quote]
The bridesmaid looks more promising.

Above the neck, anyway. Am I a bad person for precognitively knowing she was, you know, roomy?[/quote]
The bridesmaid looks more promising.[/quote]

Except for the fact that she chooses to dress like a Klingon. Kind of a deal-breaker in my books.

Troy

You know, that episode seemed like a riff on an episode I saw of the something Tree Hill show off Adult Swim… what with the trekkies and the final fight between the two suitors and the lady in question leaving both of them…

Gay Klingon marriage, that’s gotta take the cake.

— Alan

In Darwin we Trust

There was no perfectly relevant thread to put this in, but this was my favorite one that popped up in a search for “marriage”. Here, let’s start on-topic: UK’s First-Ever Klingon Wedding (in 2012). OK, moving on…

Getting married soon? Devoted to pasta? Good news!

Now the adherents of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster have been approved to perform marriage ceremonies in New Zealand.
The application from the church was approved by the registrar-general of births, deaths and marriages and listed in the New Zealand Gazette.

Actually it’ll probably work out perfectly fine in NZ, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some kind of stupid protest from “traditional” groups if this ever catches on here in the USA.