Fort Triumph - HoMM meets Xcom!

I ended up going back to this and starting over, and I’m glad I did. Really enjoying it. Made a dumb mistake early on constructing a building before I really understood what it did (the tutorial is minimal in the extreme). I’ve mostly got the hang of the combat and end up winning the battles, but my grade after most is C and I wish I knew what to do to get it better.

Love the HoMM-like overland map, the art style and the music is great, too, both in and out of the battlescape.

Looked for “Let’s Plays” on YouTube and only found one or two, and none of them complete.

There’s still stuff I don’t understand how to do, like making a second party.

BTW, speaking of HOMM-likes, how is Songs of Conquest coming along? Any skinny on when it’ll come out of early access?

Currently the roadmap says end of Q3 2023 (so October or so).

I should pick this back up at some point. Grabbed it a couple years ago but didn’t get far before getting distracted by something shiny.

I’d recommend checking out a couple of tips and tricks videos to start.

My shitty eyes have a lot of trouble making out the bitmap graphics.

Even with “computer glasses/cheaters”?

BTW I think my game is bugged or something

I go to take the goblin fortress and I get the message "You must face Gharzan [to do this]. But I have, as the achievement clearly states, right? That’s the one where I meet Avathas (Lord Fancypants) in the village and all that, right? Yet I try to take the goblin fort and the game won’t let me.

What am I missing? Do I have to check out Lady Whatsername’s mansion as well? I already saw her once and saved that village (and Avathas took all the credit of course). What gives? Anyone else see this?

EDIT: turns out that text is wrong/outdated and you do have to go clear out the mansion. This per a reply by one of the devs in the Steam discussions.