Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

Same :)
Well. I did try BR twice, it was ok.

And they were never not cringey…

apologies for this one

Also love the vaguely european accent on this one.

Most of my Fortnite play time is on duos with @DaveLong. It took a while, but we won our first Battle Royale Duos last night. I was pumped. There are times when we try squads, but hell is other people when you mark a good starting point on the map, and then they YOLO into the Towers.

I probably enjoy duos the most, then solo, then squads. But the 50v50 is fantastic. It is a completely new game within the game.

There are also enough incredible things that happen in a game that I have declared that I have won Fortnite. Like, beat the game. This could be an incredibly long distance shot with a sniper rifle, a first shot headshot with the revolver that drops another player, or a trap that kills multiple players as I sneak out and take their drops, leaving enough behind to entice the next player into the room…

The jetpacks-and-shotguns-only mode is out and it’s pretty freaking great. Check it out.

These that can, do, these that can’t, sue.

Interesting. Hex vs Magic the Gathering showed that you can get a competing game to fold and change their game mechanics if they seem too similar.

I guess, worth a shot? Though, at least in terms of PUBG to Fortnite, you are going to have a hard time selling any sort of copyright violation to a regular juror. These games look and feel completely different.

I remember back when Id sued Bungie for including deathmatch modes in their game.

Hard to imagine, short of an internal Epic email that blatantly says “let’s just copy all this stuff verbatim and make $$$” that this lawsuit could prevail. But I don’t know SK law. I imagine Epic will try to evade given that it’s unlikely anyone in SK made the game and that office is likely just a shell company that doesn’t own anything or have any money.

Never mind that PUBG itself is a riff on a previous game. Please do not look behind the curtain.

Whoa, I don’t recall this, any citation?

If you mean h1 or the Arma battle royale mods, Brendan Greene (pubg creative director) was the mod maker for the Arma mods and hired as a consultant for h1.

Not that I think he should be able to copyright a playmode, because that’s fairly ridiculous.

sarcasm

The “vehicles” are in, finally! And by vehicles I mean… shopping carts. Seriously.

Watched a friend play the XBox One version of H1Z1. Looks pretty cool, very vehicle-centric

You can also have a passenger in the front of the cart.

Apples drop near trees and grant 5 health (this is not new, it was in the last patch or two). Mushrooms now grant 5 shield, which is new.

These shopping carts are hi-fucking-larious. The implementation is so detailed and clever, as well… you “jump” to get on the back bar and glide, holding down space keeps you on it. Furthermore, they only go fast and far if you’re going downhill, as you’d expect. And you can switch “seats” to the gunner seat in the front on the fly, or have a passenger. It’s brilliant.

Look in any big parking lot and you’ll find a shopping cart. I recommend the toilet factory as it’s out of the way. They really do enable you to be farther from the circle without as much risk. Plus JETPACKS my god. It is a legendary drop so you can’t ever count on having one, but it’s so awesome when you pick one up: no fall risk plus mobility (with a recharge interval, and overall fuel limit). Jump pads was all I thought we’d ever get but these two things are game changers.

Also squads of 20 is back, with five distinct battle buses. The map looks crazy with the five arrows on it.

This thing is pulling so far in front of PUBG it’s not even funny. Honestly at this point, I am not sure people will remember PUBG, other than as a kind of historical gaming footnote, “the thing that inspired Fortnite”. They aren’t just knocking it out of the park, they’re straight up dunking on Bluehole now.

Just saw this when loading up tonight, now you can easily play with your Steam friends!