Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

The game changes near weekly. What you played “a few months ago” isn’t what we’re playing now.

If you say so.

I just scrolled through pages of the most popular channels of the game on Twitch and saw just what I described for most of them.

But ok. I really don’t care much, but it certainly doesn’t match what I am being told.

Surprising enough, this game have a enormeous skill ceiling. A good player is 10, 20 times better than a casual. A “pro” player is 100 times better than a good player.

And unfortunally, the game have 1 only valid strategy, that is out-building the opponent, then killing him with a shotgun.

So where to go from here? it make sense to shake things and try to have pro-meta have more variation. Some say that lowering the skill ceiling could be more fun for casuals (I am unconvinced thats something thats happening).

Epic continue testing new gadgets, maybe some of the gadgets can help shake the current meta.

Their current thought is to reduce the material cap from 999 to 500 to limit the eiffel tower strat. This of course is causing great angst among the top-tier players that are top-tier due to this strategy.

Shotguns still need a nerf. They are way too good, even considering what they are supposed to be good at (close up).

I have seen today a stream from a guy called Tfue. He win by exploiting the rules of the game

One of the rules is you can’t edit enemy walls. This guy play these towers my like digging around, replacing enemy walls by his walls. When the enemy is behind is wall, he use that to instantly edit and shotgun.

Maybe another reason to go away from building is … building is kind of hacky, with many hacks and weird border cases.

I won two games in a row yesterday in Solo. I didn’t use a shotgun in either of them. Sniper rifles and the LMG and the minigun.

The hard counter to building are the above, specifically the minigun, which shreds defenses in record time thus keeping builders from rebuilding as a defense. You will hit them and they can’t shoot back because the hail of bullets prevents it. They have to run and hide.

LOL. I have almost never played Fortnite.

Just played my 1st ever match cross-platform w/ my son and his friend who were on PS4. They both died early. I skulked around and ended up winning the squad match. Also my 1st time ever winning a match. My 12 year old son and his friend were going crazy. They were screaming as the numbers dwindled down and I was somehow still alive. The next to last guy blew himself up trying to grenade me. So much fun.

Fortnite devs.

Hey, yeah, you guys. Why the heck can’t you let me define the output device for game audio? Spent like 20 minutes dicking around until I realized that fortnite sends out voice chat to your default “communications device” in windows and the game audio to your speakers default. IT splits signals but doesn’t let you define them. Pretty easy fix, I just disabled whatever virtual audio device was my default communications device, which I have never used before, and voila! Voice chat worked.

I cant imagine that, I imagine was glorious. Also you was very lucky.

News on that other front.

Good. That type of stuff don’t benefict anyone except lawyers.

Ok, Fortnite has won videogames dominance. Is number #1 on gaming. Absolutelly.

Pretty much like Minecraft was for some years.

I wonder if that means people is really tired of it. How we will feel about Fortnite in the next years? will people be embarrased to see themselves in a video playing Fortnite?

And on the pedestal these words appear-

“My name is Fortnite, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”

Considering the age of the average FN player today seems like it’s 12, they’ll probably be feeling very hormonal about it.

In other news, they release today a “Creative mode” Fortnite called “Playground”.

Currently not available.

If you are on the latest Windows version you can run the game and just change it in Windows audio settings. And it will basically expose what you chose as “default” to the application. Useful sometimes.

Games like this live and die based on number of active players. Something else will be along soon enough.

For sure, but they really need to have audio options choices. The fact that it chooses 2 separate outputs without making that clear is weird. Which is why I was so confused, getting game audio but no chat. No options for audio output settings. So weird. But I guess the game is still in “Early Access”

🤑💰💵💸

This… sounds kind of awesome you guys

Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild. Build massive structures. Practice with the weapons and items. Fight against your friends. Have fun!

• You’ll have one hour to create, play and train as you wish. Hop in and try out version 1 of Playground!
  • Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour
  • Friendly Fire is on
  • Players respawn on elimination unless downed by the storm
  • The storm doesn’t start closing in for 55m, and takes 5 minutes to close in
  • Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate.
  • 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map
  • Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time