Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

bummer that it looks like the twitch integration isn’t on console

edit: I may have been wrong, they patched it in.

Going to be streaming this at www.twitch.tv/harkonis and if you also link your twitch to your game you can get special quests by watching. <-- self plug over.

I’m going to be online for a bit so feel free to hit me up! I’m gonna send ytou a friend request hark

Friend me or I will cut you: codinghorror

I’ll be on in 15 min.

MUST BUY!!!

Had a few fun rounds with @ducker and @monofurioso , this game is super addictive.

Must loot everything…

That’s @mono! I’m only furioso when facing zombies.

That tip to always immediately stairs up to the roof of every building, and check attics while you are there, is a good one! Definitely recommend.

Can’t link my PC and PSN account. I get this:

Probably I have made another account for other game. Welp.

Contact EPIC support, they fix stuff.

If you played Paragon, that’s the other one I had tied to mine.

I dont understand people laser focus on llamas. Theres this enormeous web of skills and every time you do a succesfull mission you can buy another node. Missions are hard but if you can play 4 or 5 hours (I can), thats some solid progression that is solid. I can even play with some low quality item, the when i get a better quality one break the old one to get the xp back ( only the mats are lost ). The balance of weapons is bad at the moment, with single shot weapons being better because ammo is so scarce, you dont need a hugue collection, one good weapon of each ammo type (so… 5?) is enough. Power level can be adquired by leveling that one weapon. Leveling all your weapons at the same time dont seems a good idea.

In reddit people is on top of this, but I dont see the problem.

Like I don’t have enough games, went ahead and bought into this. Downloading now. I am Galadin in here and added a bunch of friends from this thread.

Welcome to every game forum ever. :)

FWIW, I do have some problems with the llama system, but there’s a whole lotta game there outside of them. It’s really when you’re trying to get something very specific that they get annoying. It’s actually the reason I stopped playing in the alpha with its character wipes.

Say I’ve progressed quite a ways through the game and want to play a ninja. Not just a any ninja, but a Dim Mak ninja, and it needs to be purple or gold quality. The process of getting that class is far, far, too annoying. First, you have to wait for the right Llama to show up (check each day). Then you can buy one and hope and pray you get the class you want. With the number of subclasses out there, that can be very small. That shit can really aggravate me.

I have issues with multiple layers of RNG like that. I’m okay with a long progression to unlock something I want, but I don’t enjoy waiting for weeks just for a chance to pull one lever and hope I get what I want (and inevitably don’t). At least let me buy (even if it’s expensive) a Super Hero Llama whenever I have the Vbucks for it. Don’t make me wait weeks for one to show up.

Anyway, maybe that’s all less annoying now than it was in alpha, where even if you did luck out and get the class/item you wanted, it got wiped and you had to do it all over again. But even if I never get that particular class I want, it’s fairly minor. There is oodles of game there to enjoy the hell out of.

Is that a phrase you ever imagined yourself writing? :-)

Cuidado!!! LLAMAS!!!

And I’m still having a great time in this game, just not having enough time to play.

Haha, it’s definitely up there as one of those phrases that if a non-gamer overheard the conversation, they’d find it incredibly odd.

why don’t you just take some stuff you don’t want/need and transform it into a hero? still rng but gives another chance to get what you want.