Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

Same happened to me today!

It amuses me because I’ve literally spent $0 across my Epic account. If someone steals it, they’re going to be real disappointed with my noob nothing inventory and garbage rank.

Oh, I guess they’ll nab a Twitch outfit in Fortnite. Woo!

I was a bad Internet User and didn’t secure my Epic account very well. Easy password, no 2FA. In my defense, I only used the account to dick around with the Unreal Engine. Unfortunately, my credit card was attached to it because of some assets I bought a while ago.

You can see where this is going. Wells Fargo let me know about 235 goddamn dollars in charges to Epic for V Bucks. I let them know they were fraudulent, removed the card from my account, replaced the card, and set up 2FA. I emailed Epic too, since I don’t really want any cosmetic shit on my account.

Popular game attracts scammers. Nothing new.

I double checked, also didn’t have 2FA enabled , fixed that now.

We’re on to you, HRose.

The guided rocket launcher is hilarious. Saw someone wreck a bunch of people at the end of a round on the hypezone earlier.

There is a new sniper only mode for solo and squad that is also freaking hilarious. Only drops are traps, hunting rifle, sniper rifle, shields/bandages, impact grenades and boogie bombs.

Yeah, I played that last night. It helped me get the Sniper Challenges in the Battle Pass. It’s pretty funny when you meet someone up close because trying to hit them with a hunting rifle or scoped sniper rifle is next to impossible! I pull out the axe. It’s like hand to hand!

I imagine it’ll make me better at using those guns at least.

I got my second Battle Royale win last night in a regular Solo game. I had three kills, but was in a couple fights that left me with about 15 health at one point. Battled back after running away and took the W.

The new guided rocket is kind of overpowered IMO. Or at least, you better start building a roof on your structures…

I haven’t seen it yet! Haven’t picked it up or had it used on me.

I did get the new shotgun a couple times last night and the Egg grenade launcher. Both of those are very cool.

…hmmm… the patch doesn’t list a new shotgun. I swear I got something different from the Tactical and Pump last night? And after more research it’s a “Heavy Shotgun” which must not have been spawning before this patch since I started playing because I hadn’t ever seen it before.

I didn’t even notice, is there a fuel limitation on it? It looked like it would just go until contact with something.

30m login queue now.

Kinda sucks that those who paid for the PvE version are stuck in a login queue caused by the freetards who play Battle Royale.

It says in the patch notes that you can guide it however long you want but you’ll be stationary as long as you do that. When you stop guiding it, then it will continue on that path until it hits something.

Also, as noted, their servers are being hammered. They are tracking stats still but turned off display of them to counter the issues.

…and I paid $9.99 for the Battle Pass so I’m not a “freetard”.

Got the email this weekend that my account was locked due to multiple login attempts.

Funny thing is the email directs you to help.epicgames.com Once there Epic wants you to login to access support, yet when I try to, the site indicates my account is locked. Yay!

On Easter, my brothers-in-law and I were all playing PUBG on mobile in the front room at my mother-in-law’s house. Every single person who saw us playing asked “Oh, is that Fortnite?”

I don’t have numbers to back this up, but I think Fortnite has well and truly eclipsed PUBG in the zeitgeist, if not among gamers then definitely among the rest of the culture.

PUBG is old news, man. Everyone is playing Fortnite and has heard of it.

It also helps that their game is the easy to remember “Fortnite” and not “Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds”, whatever the hell that means.

Plus Fortnight is free and on PS4, and the Microsoft temporary-exclusive kiss-of-death limited console-PUBG to Xbox.

Yep. There’s like a million reasons Fortnite has blown past it, including that it’s a pretty great game!

I had a second last night because I’m a moron. Jumped right into a box of traps. SPIKED! No chance to even say “We… are going… to die. :(”

I got revenge in a later game on two dudes that walked into a house I trapped the front door on. The third dude had enough shield to survive one hit and ultimately was my undoing.

Having played both games, and won rounds in both games, I can honestly say I don’t get the appeal, other than “FREE”, that Fortnite would have. If I were PUBG, I’d sue the everloving shit out of Epic at this point for stealing their design after being the people that sold them the engine.

Except there is nothing really they can sue them on. The PUBG folks don’t own the battle royale genre, they he just invented it.