Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

Good, I give up. Enjoy your gobots

I’m just disappointed no one pinned this whole kerfuffle on Brad Wardell or the Paradox DLC model.

The day is young

DOTA was a mod for Warcraft3, but MOBAs didn’t take off until a standalone game was released in LoL. Same thing here, battle royale mods existed, but the cultural zeitgeist occurred with PUBG. And then Fortnite ripped them off.

How about that, Rockstar Games even beat Epic to it!

Grand Theft Auto Online gained a battle royale mode during an August 2017 update

(source)

Indeed, but GTA5 isn’t free. Epic didn’t just clone the flavor of the month, they cloned the FOTM and then gave it away for free.

What about those Heroes of Newerth assholes?

make a shitty game, win a shitty prize

I’m so pissed off I didn’t get to pay for this game!

maybe those of us that did, when it was another game, are, but I’m sure that’s just me doing my best for society and I should be happy I threw that cash away.

OMG… games are luxury items, man. You’re not saving the world by buying videogames. None of us are.

Money is finite and my luxury items rarely fucking warp into a different item altogether.

Wasn’t the original game basically Orcs Must Die + guns?

You bought an early access apple, and it turned into an orange. This is why you shouldn’t buy early access games.

Early Access games must carry cancer warnings in California now.

It’s still an apple PLUS an orange, a very lucrative orange, and yes, it’s basically Orcs Must Die + Guns and more open maps.

Yes, but there’s nothing in the world that says I have to smile about it.

Well the apple’s still there, but they’re no longer building the… apple… OK, this analogy has been taken too far.

Maybe they could make apple pie. I like apple pie