Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

Can we just merge the PUBG and Fortnite threads already since they basically talk about the same things anyway?

Have you considered getting a job at Bluehole to help move things forward over there? I’m actually serious and not joking, because I think they could use the help.

The issue with Fortnite is that these devs aren’t just executing at a normal competent-at-their-jobs level, they’re knocking it out of the goddamn park. So the outcome is kind of inevitable at this point.

Plus…

I don’t care what that dude says? You like to quote him. I dont care.

I’m glad you like this game wumpus. I think its trash.

For the record, I want Epic to lose the lawsuit now just because Jason Scott makes annoying tweets.

All I know is Jason Scott looks like an older Serj Tankian.

I’ve run into maybe one cheater since February. Meanwhile, in the same time frame I’ve run into countless cheaters in Call of Duty and Battlefield. But whatever, wumpus, keep fighting the good fight.

The lawsuit is really stupid, but Jason Scott’s take it on seems even worse.

Wow, there’s only one cheater in all of PUBG. You better write Kotaku with this hot news tip!

Fortnite is some really trash game. Is not well made and Epic are not good developers.

Literrally Unplayable.

• They removed the original song from the intro. That song had personality, they replaced it with some random high production values nobody can relate to.

• They did not even invented the concept Battle Royale. They stolen it from a japanese movie!.

• Some characters in Fortnite are fat, other thin. Unconsistency.

• The burst rifle is trash.

• Lack of mele weapons in BR.

• They are using updates in the map layout to tell a story. Imagine how inneficient and expensive is that. No doubt is cool, but everyone else use prerecorded audios.

I think the only save grace is that is very fun, and Epic constantly add new stuff to make the game stay fresh.

At the moment, I think shotguns are a little OP.

Yeah they’re supposed to be good close, but they are so good that even the SMG is at a massive disadvantage versus a shotgun. I also tire of being one-shot from 100 shield, 100 health, to zero instantly. Granted it’s probably a headshot in those cases, but I get the feeling that legendary and epic heavy shotguns can pull this off a bit too easily, and I think you ought to be able to survive at least one shotgun headshot from a low-end shotgun with full everything.

There also needs to be a practice deathmatch mode where you can grab weapons and respawn quickly to get a feel for what works best without waiting 3-4 minutes for the battles to start.

Troll harder. Unless you’re just that daft.

Feel free to read and learn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/8bcm7t/pubg_cheating_is_rife_if_your_on_the_fence_dont/

I myself have sunk a fair amount of hours (200) into PUBG and in saying this I feel the need to issue out a warning.
Hacking is still rife in PUBG.
I’ve been playing online games for two decades I can confidently say I have never experienced a game plagued so much by hacking as PUBG.
I’ve noticed (on this board) that people are interested in returning to PUBG or are interested in it thanks to Fortnite and in reply I’ve seen a few people stating that the hacking issue has “gotten better”.
I am honour bound to unequivocally deny this claim and will continue to do so until the developers (Bluehole) make considerable leaps and bounds into neutralising this disease.

That’s from one month ago, via a trivial google search.

Fortnite uses BattlEye and EAC together and blocks overlays, including Steam which is an annoyance. Epic also has more competent programmers than Bluehole and knows the engine very well and so can find the exploits faster. AFAIK Fortnite isn’t available in China and 98% of cheaters come from there. Oh and Epic threatens to take people who advertise cheats to court.

Essentially, one set of developers are competent at their jobs; the other is … not.

Don’t be so obtuse. I meant that you implied that I said PUBG only had 1 cheater in total. Quite frankly, I expect better from you. But lesson learned.

Nah, I’m good.

I’ve played pubg for around 130 hours, and I’ve encountered a single cheater. And it was on the test server. I’ve heard this is more of a problem in third person perspective (which I don’t touch) but, I’ve honestly never had an issue with it in any game that people claim hacking is abundant. CSGO has tons of complaints about hackers, and I’ve run into maybe 3ish over almost 300 hours. Again, i feel like the people woh have issues there are maybe playing in casual / unranked or haven’t turned on the phone verification option. so who knows. pubg should definitely do a ping lock though, there’s no advantage to allowing chinese players on american servers to either Chinese or americans, other than testing hacks

I would like to chime in with my dozens of hours over pubg in my 100 or so matches I have never encountered a cheater either.

I have seen the videos, but personally never experienced cheating.

I play mostly TPP and have seen a number of cheaters. Unless the one guy who was driving by outside a house I was crouched in head shot me while moving at full speed through a wall.

I had a couple instances in Fortnite that I thought were hacks or wacky code issues. They let you report stuff immediately which is great.

Anyone playing the save the world mode? I’ve re-started and it’s still just a blast playing with randoms - would be even better to play with friends :)

I’m sure I’ll play it when it goes free later this year. It’s not worth buying it atm.