Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

I don’t think that is all of it. Fortnite is much more than just a shooter though. I think the movement and shooting in Fortnite are good, but I wouldn’t say that they are miles better than anything we already haven’t been playing.

I think the free to play availability and the accessibility of the graphics, along with the ability of the team to pivot quickly to capitalize on pop culture trends (emotes, dances, Thanos mode etc) have made the game successful. Fortnite is easy to hop into, and pretty difficult to master. That is how you develop a good game. Something like PUBG is difficult to hop into and difficult to master, which is fun for some, but turns enough people away initially to hurt it.

It is a good shooter fine, but personally I would categorize the shooting as the weakest part of the game. I think the shooting was better in UT and is just as good if not better in Gears of War than in Fortnite. it is all of the other stuff, the building, the wacky weapons, map, emotes, battlepass, etc, that make the game stand out.

Fortnite email came out , first I’ve seen in awhile where they are offering free stuff.

Its as if there was a great disturbance in the playerbase. :p

I got the same email, and I don’t even play Fortnite. I blame Subnautica. I don’t see what the point is with all these bonuses, none of this shit helps me where it counts, Apex Legends.

“Free Battle Pass” is code for “We’re shitting our pants right now.”

Because this is a free-to-play game, I didn’t really understand what a Season/Battlepass does for players. So I looked it up:

I still don’t really understand it. But it sounds like you pay upfront to unlock certain cosmetics instead of having to gamble for them?

Earning a thing is better than straight buying it, you feel better about a thing you won with your skill.

A cool dance that unlock if you manage to kill a whole squad with a sniper rifle would be better than just buying it directly, when you use it you will feel better, and people looking at you will know you had to beat the challenge to unlock it.

A season pass is just a collection of these. Except (to be honest) many can be unlocked just with grind or luck, not just pure skill.

Basically, it’s like the old days where you have to do certain things to unlock content, only now you also have to pay for it first. People complained that stuff would just be given away if you paid money and you should have to earn it, so publishers thought “why not both?”

The battlepass is a really neat system. You can either earn currency through playing to unlock it, or pay for it, and it gives you objectives/boosts/items for the current season. Great way to keep players coming back, and a good way to keep a content pipeline of new stuff coming.

As for the Apex Legends competition, I don’t know if they are thinking pants-shitting right now, but they have a serious competitor now, as Apex Legends is F2P and on all of the consoles/PC. So, they gotta step up to keep up.

This amused me. :)

Lol…that is pathetic in a way only the English can pull off… I say that as someone who loves the UK.

Overpromising, under delivering, full of bullshit…

Sounds like Brexit :).

pWXVV5t

“It’s starting to rain again; it’s… the rain had (uh) slacked up a little bit. The back motors of the ship are just holding it (uh) just enough to keep it from…It’s burst into flames! Get this, Charlie; get this, Charlie! It’s fire… and it’s crashing! It’s crashing terrible! Oh, my! Get out of the way, please! It’s burning and bursting into flames and the… and it’s falling on the mooring mast. And all the folks agree that this is terrible; this is the worst of the worst catastrophes in the world. Oh it’s… [unintelligible] its flames… Crashing, oh! Four- or five-hundred feet into the sky and it… it’s a terrific crash, ladies and gentlemen. It’s smoke, and it’s in flames now; and the frame is crashing to the ground, not quite to the mooring mast. Oh, the humanity! And all the passengers screaming around here. I told you; it – I can’t even talk to people, their friends are on there! Ah! It’s… it… it’s a… ah! I… I can’t talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest: it’s just laying there, mass of smoking wreckage. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk and the screaming, lady, I… I… I’m sorry. Honest: I… I can hardly breathe. I… I’m going to step inside, where I cannot see it. Charlie, that’s terrible. Ah, ah… I can’t, I… Listen, folks; I… I’m gonna have to stop for a minute because I’ve lost my voice. This is the worst thing I’ve ever witnessed.” – Herbert

“Fortnite is all about hunting people down and killing them. I felt like doing that to the people who organised it,” another woman told The Guardian.

Good one. Although in the uk police state I’d be afraid to use that kind of language.

I’d come back if they removed EAC from the story-mode gameplay. I miss my loot piñatas and the funny radio messages/lore you found while doing coop missions.

Fortnite’s popularity on Twitch took a pretty big hit, but it is still in the top 2-3 watched games pretty significantly.

Though, Apex is pretty much the top streamed game most nights now.

Also, I would love to play the co-op part of Fortnite, but that still isn’t F2P

I’ll give Epic credit, they didn’t toss Save the World into the trash heap once BR took off. They’ve continued to work on it and for that I’m grateful, since that’s the game I bought and I really don’t have any interest in BR.

Still kind of weird for me to see this formerly PVE game that wasn’t much loved at all add a PVP mode years later and suddenly take the world by storm. :)

I’m still playing Save the World and enjoying it.

And so begins the decline…