Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious

Free standalone open-world racing game coming on March 27th to promote the film. Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Players will take part in a series of thrilling car challenges set in the idyllic south of France, challenges inspired by both the Fast & Furious films and Forza’s legendary gameplay.

As players complete game challenges, they will unlock new cars that can be added to their collection and can be driven throughout the open world in free roam play. Players will also be able to take photos of their favorite cars in Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious and share them with fellow Forza players via the official Forza Web site and the Forza Hub app on Xbox One.

Car list:

1970 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
2012 Nissan GT-R Fast & Furious Edition
1998 Toyota Supra Fast & Furious Edition
2014 Maserati Ghibli S Fast & Furious Edition
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Fast & Furious Edition
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
1970 Plymouth Cuda Fast & Furious Edition
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Fast & Furious Edition

Official achievement list: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst33691_Forza-Horizon-2-Presents-Fast-and-Furious-Achievements--Xbox-One-and-Xbox-360.aspx

This is now live.

Xbox One: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Forza-Horizon-2-Presents-Fast-Furious-Digital-Edition/11b80a28-3685-4001-8167-6dee21569598

Xbox 360: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Forza-Horizon-2-Presents-Fast-Furious/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530ab5

Get it before April 10th, and it’s yours to keep for free.

I was hoping this would be a little more Fast & Furious.

It’s basically a really big Forza Horizon 2 demo with movie cars and Ludacris’ voice handing out missions. Still fun though. The game was around 3 hours long and an easy 970 achievement points. This also has 500 Forza Rewards points if anyone is into that.

I had a great time with this! I actually own a copy of FH2 that I just haven’t popped in yet, being consumed with other games at the moment, but this was a great little taste of Forza. If you should by chance own an Xbone and aren’t sure if Forza Horizon is for you, check this game out. It’s short and sweet.

It reminds me of Dead Rising 2: Case Zero. All the great gameplay from the Dead Rising series, but compressed into a nice short time span. That’s still my favorite Dead Rising game. Similarly, this is basically Forza Horizon 2 compressed into a tight, excellent experience. There is no music repeated from Horizon 2, it’s all new music, and the missions are similar but not the same as in Horizon 2.

I have to admit, I love the smaller car collection, the new music, the variety of the cars they’ve chosen. Just like with Case Zero, for me it’s just a better experience than the game it’s based on.

I now have 5 out of the 10 cars, so I’m guessing I’m half way through the game.

Hot Damn, this game is awesome. I’m loving these super-powerful, verging-on-uncontrollable muscle cars, and the contrast between that and the Japanese upgraded tuner cars and the refined Italian hypercars.

It’s also an amazing coincidence that in Horizon 2, this is the part of the geography from the game that I’ve explored the least. So in this game, I’m seeing several locations for the first time. Like the airfield.

Yeah, I had never seen the docks area before.

I really liked the final mission, which embarrassingly took me 5 tries. Very satisfying ending that felt like it could’ve been part of their movies.