Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

Gamescom video:

Have a peek at the manual online: https://dlassets-ssl.xboxlive.com/public/content/ef520a86-ebbe-4a01-8384-7b0eef90ab50/GameManual/0b54f098-e2db-4c5a-908d-ed0c0a576628/en-GB/index.html#TOC

I’m happy to see a game where you have to drive on God’s chosen side of the road.

Really looking forward to this, hoping there is some pc/xbox 1 cross play so I can play with my eldest who always asks why we cant do multi on FH2 on the xbox one.

You pay attention to the side of the road you’re playing on? Actually now that you mention it, Horizon 2 took place mostly in Italy right? And I don’t remember having to drive on the left.

I played the original Forza but haven’t paid much attention to the franchise since. What’s the difference between the Forza Horizon series as opposed to the Forza (non-Horizon) series?

The main Forza games from Turn 10 are track racers. The Forza Horizon games are open-world and allow more arcadey stuff like racing helicopters or festival events.

This brings up a question about their Play Anywhere program. When you buy one copy of the game, you can play it on PC or on Xbox One. But not at the same time, right? Wouldn’t you need two copies of the game to play on both at the same time and play multiplayer against one another? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen any clarification on that. There’s no Play Anywhere games out yet, so I guess we’ll find out soon when these releases finally get here.

EDIT: Aha! Found the answer in the FAQ on the Xbox Play Anywhere page:

[quote]Can I be signed into the same game on Xbox One and my Windows 10 PC?
At any single point in time, you may only sign into the game on one Xbox One console or one Windows 10 PC. You cannot be signed into the same game on both an Xbox One console and a Windows 10 PC at the same time.[/quote]

EDIT2: And here’s another interesting thing I didn’t know, but it makes sense:

[quote]Will I earn Gamerscore and Achievements twice if I play the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC?
A single shared set of Gamerscore and Achievements will be earned and awarded for Xbox Play Anywhere games.[/quote]

you have no idea how much I hate this about this game

Also, I hope it will folow QB model and release on Steam/GOG promptly. I do not care about play anywhere or any of that so if they have to lose that for those version, I would be more than fine with that.

Italians drive on the right. Well, Italians drive wherever they damn please, but technically they’re supposed to drive on the right.

You’d think I would know that, having been to Italy and all that. Ah well, I imagine I’ll play Horizon 3 just like I have every other driving game - pretty much all over the road.

Well looks like I need 2 copies, I suppose my youngest can have the other account to play on seperately.

Still doesn’t help though.

Also I bet the PC version costs as much as the Xbox One version so likely £100 for 2 copies, not gonna happen too quickly.

Review embargoes are up for the Xbox One version at least. Currently a 91 on Metacritic with 52 reviews in. I’m curious to see how this compares to The Crew (my current favorite open-world caRPG, as Tom would say) on PC since I don’t own an XBone.

The Forza franchise fell off my radar because I was unsure about the original Forza Horizons, and then I jumped ship to the PS4 the next year and never looked back.

This sounds fantastic though from the USGamer review and early impressions at Eurogamer. Looks like I’m going to have to give this a try.

Yeah same here, haven’t played a Forza of any variety in years since getting rid of my 360. I’m curious how different this is from The Crew. Not sure I have room in my life for two massive open-world driving games, but it certainly looks gorgeous and I really like the idea of driving all over Australia.

Looks good, but 70 euros for basic digital edition ?

Fuck.

Off.

Let me know when there is a normally priced steam/gog/retail release. If that never happens, that’s ok too, I don’t insist on giving MS my money.

I want to get it on PC, but my experience so far with the Windows Store (Halo 5 Forge, Minecraft, a couple other games) has been off-putting to say the least.

I’m guessing that’s going to be the only place it’s available?

I believe so. Microsoft published and the license is fully theirs.

I was on the fence before but stellar reviews are rolling in across the board. Might pick this up now.

Afaik the same is true of Quantum Break (MS financed, published and owns 100% of the IP) and due to pitiful sales they decided to make steam and retail release (despite originally claiming it will be win store exclusive).

I hope same will happen with Forza. I just can’t support insane price gouging on the shittiest game store in existence.