Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

I’m not sure how it worked in the Horizon games. But in base Forza games, it records exactly how you take every corner in the game. So it figures out on average if you brake early, if you brake late for certain types of corners but not others, etc. If figures out if you brake to avoid collisions or if you just plow into the person in front of you.

This made Forza 5 the best track racing game I’ve ever played. Having my brother’s drivatar in the race and watching him race just like my brother was absolutely hilarious. And so cool.

I’m not sure how well these rules translate to the Horizon games though. There’s so much more to the Horizon games than what’s on the “track”.

I apologize in advance if my drivatar smashes up the place, since that is pretty much how I drive.

So which events have leader boards to compare times and stuff? I like when there are set events with set cars so times are apples to apples. I know that the events in Horizon aren’t that exact, but what is the closest events to compete on even terms?

You want the “Rivals” tab on the menu. That’s where you can race against others on your friends list. I haven’t gotten there myself yet. I’m still early in the game.

I do miss the days of the first Forza Horizon, where right after you finish a race, whether you won or lost, you could do a Rivals race. I think I spent more time in Rivals races in the first Horizon than in the open world. Maybe that’s why they made it less obvious in the two sequels? They wanted people to spend less time in Rivals?

Thanks, next time I fire it up I’ll have to check it out. Yeah, I don’t need the open world stuff. I mean, what they can do now is pretty cool - but I mostly just want to race.

how far in-game (in terms of gameplay time, etc.) is the airport where the expansion content can be reached?

The airport to go to Blizzard Mountain is in the desert area. I’m not sure if you need to open a festival location there or not. But even if you do, the first they ask you where you want to locate the next Festival location, you get the choice of the desert or the city.

So any of you guys have a wheel setup? Looks like a bunch of you picked this up recently. I sat on my son’s xbone over the weekend and gave it a go. It is a blast, but I think It would be SO MUCH better with a wheel vs,. the controller.

I have the Logitech G29 but i haven’t hooked it up for FH3 yet and I actually think this game really fits better with a controller. I like the wheel and pedal setup for games that lean towards sim racer which FH3 most definitely does not. There’s really no incentive to stay on the road, any road really and in fact it’s almost always more fun to just go blasting through whatever scenery is flying by. To me this game shines as a laid-back, grab a controller and chill as you blast across a gorgeous landscape. That’s me though, others might really enjoy the racing I guess in which case maybe the wheel is the best option.

I’d like to use my XBOX Wireless Speedwheel, but the game doesn’t seem to recognize it. You’d think with it being Microsoft that the game would support it.

I found @Telefrog riding circles around a banana plantation. He seemed out of sorts so I recruited him to my squad. Maybe with a purpose he’ll snap out of it. I’ve also got Paul, dgallina, and divedivedive

i think i expanded to the outback first.

Looks like G-Sync is finally useful: Forza Horizon 3 can’t do 30fps consistently (or 60) at Ultra settings on a GTX 980ti so i just jack it all up to Ultra and 4x MSAA and let the G-Sync handle the smoothing

I am playing it on PC with a cheap Thrustmaster T150

It works well, but I do wish the game supported wheels as well as Dirt Rally does in how it sets the wheel up perfectly for each car automatically etc.

And god forbid I get into a skid, no idea how to drift successfully with it.

Riding circles / skidding around can be a good way to rack up points for perk advancements. The points are small at first but grow much bigger & faster once you activate some of the initial skill perks. Especially good in a good drifting / rally car like the Subaru.

Diego

Anybody have suggestions for troubleshooting the joining of multiplayer races? It fails without explanation every time I go to online adventure. Other games work fine so don’t think there’s a fundamental router / UPnP issue.
Thanks,
Diego

I just keep trying. I’ve only played multiplayer on the PC, not the Xbox, but I try to join, and it usually fails the first couple of times, but I keep trying, and usually on the third try I get into a game. I usually only do it so that I can take part in whatever Forzathon reward there is for that week, so sometimes it’s frustrating that I finally get into a game and they are not using the car/class that I need that weekend to get credit for that Forzathon item I was trying to tick off my list. But I usually finish up the event anyway, since I don’t want to bail out prematurely. So I usually stick around for the four events.

And I usually suck at it.

The thing that irritates me the most is that whoever is hosting these multiplayer sessions usually always picks S2 class cars, so you’re only playing in the top class of cars most of the time. None of the lower classes of cars gets used. But I’ve been seeing a change recently. Even though the class is the same (S2), more and more people are starting to use all kinds of other cars in that tier. Meaning they’ve upgraded their Subaru WRX to be S2. Or they’ve upgraded their Acura NSX to be S2, etc. That makes things a lot more interesting.

Is this PC or Xbox, Mine on pc playing with xbox players was to do with teredo. Followed these instructions

Teredo Fix

Some links here as well Links in topic

there’s no teaser or pointer ingame (aside from loading screens, ui promos) for blizzard mountain at the redstone airport site at all without owning the dlc right?

There is. I don’t own the DLC, and immediately got the marker on the map saying Blizzard Mountain.

Thanks for those links & ideas.

I DO have the teredo adapter installed so will have to keep digging / trying things.

Diego