Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

Mine was installed, I removed it and re installed it, that fixed it.

odd. i must not have unlocked a high enough level for the outback (level 1) event area. or something.

@Paul_cze do you just have it connected to your desk? Since I have this for xbone - I’d have to connect it to a table of some sort :/ don’t have a great place in my living room.

@agapepilot I hear you. it does have that arcade just drive and go feel. which is nice. But I keep feeling as if I want to have the wheel in my hands!

yeah i bought the expansion and it still says i have to drive more to access it.

on tangent, if anyone’s system is too crappy to play this, test drive unlimited 2 is <$5 CAD on bundlestars.com with WINTERSALE10 code.

I have a wheel stand pro, since I wanted to play on plasma and not just monitor.

I’ll second the wheel stand pro. I love mine, it’s way better than trying to attach it to a desk.

This annoys me too. I do well enough in an s1 upgraded Impreza because that’s about as good as my reflexes are. Put me in the pagani Zonda and I’m crashing constantly.

GFWL 2.0 strikes again!

Hi folks,

We are aware of an issue with PC players being required to download the full version of FH3. While we investigate the cause and a fix, we are recommending that PC players cancel their current downloads of this FH3 update, as players who download this update will likely need to re-download the game again once the fix is in place.

More updates as they become available.

Thanks,
Brian

New update came out, so naturally it means downloading 53GB because Windows Store. And now I can’t play.

Actually this is a mistake the Forza team made and has nothing to do with the Store or Store infrastructure this time around.

Is there a way to avoid automatically updating?

No need since the update was already taken down at this point. But in settings in the windows store there’s a toggle to turn off automatic updates.

Not ideal though since most games like Forza use mandatory updating - meaning that if automatic updates didn’t already take care of it for you, you’ll be forced to update before you can play the game so that you’re in sync with everyone else playing (both for leaderboards and online play).

I see, hopefully it gets fixed as soon as possible. Was looking forward to finishing the last showcase.

Looks like it was a dev build and leaked a list of all upcoming cars and dlc.

Thank you @Reemul ! An uninstall / reinstall for teredo drivers fixed my multiplayer!

Diego

Great news glad it worked.

Yesterday I took my Darth Vader/Star Wars covered BMW for a drive for the first time. I admit, I used to love BMWs as a kid, but video games really shook that out of me over time. I’ve never played a game in which a BMW is a decent car compared to other cars in the same category.

But I had fun yesterday. What I liked about this BMW is that coming from a classic Ferrari Dino, this thing was really sure-footed and didn’t skid around that much, and had a nice kick of power. And best of all, when I was exploring the country-side on a barn-find, and crashing into trees and such, even with a broken wind-shield and hood, the car still handled well. It’s the rare car in Forza Horizon games that can take a beating and still retain it’s feel and power. So once I find this barn, I think I’m going to try out some races with this BMW. I think it was something in the M series. I’ll have to look up what it was when I get home tonight.

Man I love barn finds. Such fun to tear around the countryside and then the rush of discovery - just the best. If these guys decided to make their next game nothing but barn finds, I’d buy ten copies and maybe give them away marquac style.

I like the idea, hate the practice. I ended up using online guides for all but a handful of them, and I don’t regret it.

What is the guide for? The game shows you the area where it is located, then with the drone it can be found very quickly.