Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

Interesting thought on the drone. I was wondering why they added the drone. But like @divedivedive, I actually like driving around and crashing into stuff, looking for the barn in question. Especially in Horizon 3, since you can go pretty much anywhere. Even more so than the previous 2 games.

By the way, I love that the game inhabits the world with cars that use people’s custom-made paint jobs. As I was driving around yesterday, just taking it easy, I was taking pictures of individual cars, and some had some really beautiful and interesting paint jobs. In Forza Horizon 2, my pictures were all about “how man cars can I fit into the shot so that I can get credit for taking a photo of lots of cars”, but this time I actually zoom into each car and look at their headlights in detail, their tail lights, their spoilers, etc. There’s so much loving detail in each car, and it all shows up in Photo mode.

Drone takes the fun out of barn finds for me. I love tearing up the countryside looking for loot like an ugly American. Like Rock8man says, there are almost no invisible walls in this game, just the coastline I imagine. I like heading off into the countryside in my Halo jeep - now if only the thing had guns.

The guide would be for the fact that I didn’t realise they added a drone. Maybe it was after I more or less stopped playing?

So I got far enough to unlock Clubs, is there a Qt3 club yet? I tried searching for one but couldn’t find anything.

There is one. When someone on your friends list is in the club, it gets listed as one you can join. Out of all my friends from Qt3, one was in the Qt3 club, and everyone else was in the B.F. club. Erm, so I joined the latter, just in case it provided me with more times and drivatars to compare myself to. (@WhollySchmidt is the one member who was part of the Qt3 club by the way).

And the Qt3 club can’t be joined without approval anyways (I tried previously).

I think it was there always, but you gotta unlock it among the skills/perks stuff.

With Rivals mode, I think Forza Horizon 3 is my favorite game to race in in a while. My prior favorite was probably Dirt Rally, but I enjoy the more varied, less claustrophobic courses in FH 3.

I spent some time in the last couple days putting up some times in the Rivals section so people who I’m friends with have some times to shoot for (my favorite aspect of games like these). I started in Rivals -> Festival Route Rivals -> Byron Bay. I’ve put clean times up (no crashes) for the first 5 tracks in each car class, so that should provide some variety.

My XBox Live name is “Rob C 04” with the spaces as shown, so anyone here who wants to add me as a friend would be great. I love shooting for others’ times.

Time for my next festival location. What’s better, The Outback or Yarra Valley?

I really like the Outback location. Get yourself a souped up buggy and just tear through the desert countryside. Loads of fun!

Is the Outback still fun in cars? I’ve always kinda preferred regular cars.

Hmm no it’s less fun in the regular cars it mostly off-road stuff.

I just got the barn find where I found a dune buggy! I can’t wait for that to get restored. I just watched the first part of the Grand Tour Namibia special where the three guys are going across the sand in their beach buggies, so I’m looking forward to getting in on that action.

Yesterday, I also tried beating RobC04’s time on that first circuit in the same Lamborghini SUV. I got soooooo close several times. But Rob has an amazing last turn which leads him to go faster on that last straightaway, and it doesn’t matter if I’m leading up that point, Rob overtakes me before the finish line thanks to that last turn and the last straight.

That is an amazing SUV by the way. Is the Porsche Cayenne still the kind of racing SUVs? Or is this Lambo a new contender? I’ll have to find a way to race them head to head at some point.

They are planning on releasing a Porsche expansion like they did for Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 6, I hope.

That Lambo is my preferred car in that class. I tend to favor ones with better handling than speed.

I’ve got 3 locations up and just finished that special event where you race speed boats. That was kinda fun. I’ve been splitting my time setting some more rivals times and getting more fans to unlock stuff. I want to get all of the locations open. I’ve got Byron Bay at level 5. I think that is my favorite out of the 3 I have open. The other 2 are the surfer one and the outback.

I also unlocked getting into a club now too, but I don’t know what to join (or why I join one). I wanted the Qt3 one, but there is only 1 member. I don’t want to just join one with random people in it. How many members would we have here if we got everyone into one club?

Can’t we just make a new club that anyone can join?

Also I hooked up my G29 last night and while it detected the wheel and already had a set of bindings, driving with the wheel was far more difficult than I expected. It was almost like the wheel was fighting my inputs and adding its own. Just driving in a straight line was a challenge as I was constantly having to correct for what felt like inputs I was not making. I tried setting the steering in the menu to Normal or Simulation and either setting didn’t really make it any better. I haven’t experienced anything like this in Dirt Rally or Project Cars so I’m wondering if imsiooosed to do some calibration or if I have a wrong setting somewhere or if FH3 just doesn’t play nice with the G29 for some reason.

What are the options for limiting members? I wouldn’t mind keeping the riff raff out, but it shouldn’t be a pain for Qt3 members to join. WhollySchmidt has been AWOL in this thread since Sept 16.

Yeah that’s more what I meant anyone on Qt3.

So with the new update that came out the game now always starts in window and does not switch into fullscreen like it did before the update.

And the crashes still crash.

I love the game, but technically it is kinda trash.

Yes! I was playing last night and thought it was just me. ANNOYING as hell.

Diego

Yeah, I noticed the window start. Luckily getting into the options and changing it is quick. I don’t think I’ve had any crashes in the game though and it runs smoothly for me on High with dynamic whatever it’s called.

I just got my 5th location opened so i now get to try out Yarra Valley.