Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

Consider yourself lucky. Me and two of my friends are getting random crashes to windows, with no error message, frequency about one crash per two or three hours, sometimes less sometimes more. Completely random, as in during racing, or in the menu, or loading…whenever it feels like it. I am also running dynamic enabled with high preset.

I hope it gets sorted out for you. I don’t dispute that it can be bugging out for people, I just luckily haven’t seen it myself.

Ok I went ahead and made another club and set it to Friends only. The club name is Quarter to Three and the tag is QtFH (Qt3 was already in use). Im DiggingLocket98 in the game (don’t ask me why I don’t ever remember picking that I think it just gave me that when I purchased the game somehow).

Added you, I’m ChappersUS

Sorry, I thought the club I had was open to friends or something, and my XBONE hasn’t been plugged in for a while. As the only member of the club I made, nothing lost by you creating a new one.

I went ahead and joined, thanks for creating it!

I’m having a great battle with your ghost @Rock8man. I had a Windows 10 message right on my desktop that you beat one of my times, so that was cool! I came so close to beating you but you entered the last turn better then me and just nudged ahead of me right at the last second. Also, you take the first sharp turn so much better than I do. I’m still trying though. This is what I love!

That Audi “race to the city in 2:40” bucket list was a bitch to do. Took me hour and a half but I did it.

Well, I beat that time of yours. And now you beat mine again. And I’m afraid we’re finally getting into the zone where it’s freaking hard now. I definitely can’t beat your time on the PC where I’m getting a frame rate in the low 20s. Next time I’m back on Xbox One though, I’ll give that race a try again with a smooth framerate. It makes a big difference!

Also, I completed 5 bucket challenges, so the game now lets me create my own bucket challenges! I’ve been having so much fun with that. I played quite a few challenges from people on my friends list already. I already loved bucket challenges with their specific car, specific goal, specific music, hand tailored. And now they’re basically infinite because anyone on your friends list can create one. Very cool.

It took me a while to beat your last score. I had done it once before that but I just missed a gate and had to use a rewind. There are definitely some turns that I can be done a bit cleaner, but the hard part is needing to pretty much do every turn clean! With a really good last turn I can start the next lap at 122 mph, but I can’t do it consistently. Your still better than me at the first sharp turn I think.

I wish the game would recognize my XBox Wrieless Speedwheel, because I find it easier to do small movements. My thumb just isn’t great at smoothly making small adjustments using the stick.

Are you using the stock Lambo, or did you make any tuning adjustments? Mine is stock.

I did over 20 laps today and finally gave up on beating your latest version of our rivalry @robc04. I’ll have to move on. I got really close, but no cigar. I think you’ve beaten me on that one. Well done.

So has anyone used the Forza Hub to view their photos from Photo mode? This game is so good-looking I find myself stopping to take photos constantly, but when I open the hub it only has one image listed. Granted it’s my favorite car in the game but still I want the rest!

Thanks @Rock8man. I’m sure you are capable of beating it at some time if you return to it. I have times for just about all of the tracks in each class in Byron Bay. Some of them should be pretty good and others you would beat pretty quickly. So, when you want you can pick a new track and class to have a rivalry on :-)

Forza Horizon 3 was definitely a good purchase.

Ok I consider the game “finished”. Level 158, did every exhibition race (it shows 62/63, but it is a bug, yay), street race, showcase, bucket list, barn find, some 14 championships.
Great game. For the sequel I would like to see

• bigger cruising-friendly world like in Crew
  • wheel support as good as in Dirt Rally
  • Steam release
  • fixed crashing to windows

I know I will probably not be getting at least three of those things, oh well.

Btw that longest goliath exhibition around australia race. Did it with all assists off, “highly skilled” difficulty with Impreza 2005. Was in the first place for 98% of the race, only to crash into a cactus a mile before finish , ending up fifth :)

Those long races can be brutal. I really like getting clean runs but when they are that long it’s tough to want to jump right in and do it again. I like doing a lot of shorter races as opposed to 1 big one.

Now that you finished everything, join us in some rival time beating!

So the only way to get this on PC is to buy from MS directly at full price, right?

You can buy a digital code for the Xbox version (mine came from Target) and redeem that via web; since it’s Play Anywhere that also grants you a Windows copy.

It was on sale for $30 around Christmas for a digital copy. I bit when it was on sale for $34 around Black Friday for a digital copy. We’ll keep an eye out @Thraeg. I’m sure it will be on sale again soon.

Thanks. Yeah, I remembered seeing it for cheaper around the holiday, but I wasn’t really considering it until I saw it show up on so many people’s GotY lists. I’ll watch for digital sales from other retailers too.

One general hint for all Xbox / Windows 10 games - don’t ignore Microsoft Rewards (formerly known as Bing Rewards)

You can redeem rewards points for account credit that you can use for all Windows/Xbox store content - games, movies, tv shows, etc. Even if you don’t use bing much or at all, you might have a lot of points built up if you ever used it previously.

And even if you don’t, it’s easy to get enough points worth $5-10/month, and it collects over time and expire for many months after getting it.