Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

Yeah I started using it too, get a $10 Xbox gift card every couple of weeks, give it take. Totally worth taking a few minutes a day to do some Bing searches.

For the life of me I can’t figure out what route to take on bucket list #23 - Forge your own path to the city in the quattro pro. I take what looks like the most direct line, using roads for the added speed benefit when they aren’t out of the way and I can’t get any closer than .6 miles away from the finish before time runs out.

I don’t think I’ve found that one yet. At least, I don’t remember one in a quattro.

Find the railroad. Follow the rail road.

Thanks! I’ll try that. I was on the railroad for part of the time.

From the start I drove in a straight line headed towards the destination. crossing the river. Then I went through the satellite dish area and took a dirt road until it met up with a paved road. At some point after that I was on the railroad for a bit. I’ll see if I can hop on the railroad earlier.

From the dish area turn right a bit earlier than before the dirt road turns, beeline it to the railroad and follow it for quite a while eventually breaking off left.

I just made it with a second to spare. I definitely could have driven a bit cleaner to shave some time off, but for now I’m moving on. Thanks!

Yeah I did it very closely too and was glad it was over. Took me a longass time.

A rival of mine over at GamersWithJobs has pushed my driving at speed to the limits. Ranking #73 out of over 500,000 isn’t too shabby! it’s the Street Race - Town Tear Up. Street races are accessed on the Rival Tab if you want to take a crack at it.

I dipped my toes back in to the PC version yesterday, on “low” settings. It looks like shit, with huge amounts of pop-in, but at least it runs smooth, which is more important to me when I’m going after @robc04’s times.

It was pretty sad when I tried to do my own bucket challenge “Sunday Drive” over and over again. Not only could I not beat rob’s times, I couldn’t even beat my own time when I had set that challenge! ;p

I was very amused by it though. And impressed that I created bucket challenges that were actually as fun as the ones done by the designers of the game. There was another bucket challenge I made where I did manage to beat rob’s time. And there was another Rival mode race where I beat Rob’s time, not by doing it faster than him (he was in a much, much faster car with a higher top speed that was more suited to the track) but by not having my time flagged, which counts as better than any time you get when you get flagged.

Just curious, do you play with a wheel on PC?

No, 360 Controller on PC, XB1 controller on XB1.

I think XB1 controller is a bit better. A little easier to fine tune the steering, feel when I’m losing traction because of the feedback on the triggers, etc.

I could connect my XB1 controller to the PC, but I’m too lazy to transfer it back and forth.

I dipped my toe back into FH3 for the first time in weeks yesterday. I had taken a break because I was getting too obsessed about beating times. I’ll probably go after some of your times today @Rock8man and then take another break for a bit. It’s too easy for me to get consumed by the chase!

Usually I have a main game that I’m playing, and then a racing game that’s like a backup game I’m also playing to relax. Horizon 3 has sort of been that backup game, but amazingly it looks like I’ve been dividing my time exactly three ways since I got all 3 games in the Black Friday sale. I have about 24 hours played in Horizon 3, Ori and the Blind Forest and Mini Metro. I guess all 3 games are like relaxing back-up games, so I haven’t really emphasized one over the other two.

Now that I finished Ori though, I expect my time with Mini Metro and Horizon will go up. I should start up a different third game to prevent that from happening! :)

I’m still having fun with Horizon 3, but I SOOO wish MS / Turn 10 could get the crashing under control. Sometimes it’s no crashes for hours at a time. Other days it’s a crash or two every hour. Also very frequent disconnects of the xbone wireless controller (even though it never disconnects with other games).

Diego

I saw how many hours you had in the game @dgallina. More than all of us combined, I think. It’s good to know that the game is one that allows for that kind of deep dive. I can appreciate that from the shallow end of the pool.

I keep firing up FH3 every couple days for an event or two. I really enjoy and it looks amazing (although I had to turn off MSAA to get rid of right hand side graphical corruption). It’s fun to see some of your driveatars going around.

Seriously considering dropping the full asking price to pick up FH3. I’m sure it’ll have another sale soon but I need to drive in those gorgeous Australian locales NOW.

Well hey. It’s on sale at Amazon. 33% off bringing the standard price down to $40.

Now to decide if I want the Standard, Deluxe, or Bells-n-Whistles Super Deluxe edition.

Just keep in mind that the most expensive version only comes with extra cars, not the expansion pass like which is needed for Blizzard Mountain.