Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

Yeah I don’t see that happening with this Forza. It’s one of their most popular franchises (I think?) and it’s getting really good reviews and press so I don’t think they’ll have problems selling it.

Quantum Break already had an out. The retail PC release is published and distributed by THQ who also handled State of Decay and Alan Wake. No such deal exists for Forza. Additionally, as @agapepilot points out, Forza is key Xbox brand for Microsoft. I doubt they’ll dilute that any time soon.

Maybe this will be MS’s Half-Life. Remember the old days when Steam sucked and everybody hated it but we downloaded it because we had to in order to play Half-Life 2?

Anyway I know I will get this at some point but the Forza games are such time sinks, I need to finish up some stuff first. And maybe not buy more games in the meantime. Ha, like that’ll happen.

Friend of mine is in the target audience for Forza, has a PC with Windows 10, but hasn’t got the Anniversary Update yet – meaning no Forza for him. Sure, he could dig through the Windows site and manually update but Microsoft should make it as easy as possible to give them money and use the Windows store. I wonder if others being in his situation will affect sales much.

Hmm. We’ll see. I am curious how well is it going to sell. Not that MS would ever release any numbers.

Honestly doubt Forza has anywhere near the power that HL name had back in the day. But maybe I am wrong and with this release people will flock to MS store and UWP en masse.

No you’re probably right, Forza alone doesn’t have that much pull. But combined with the next Gears and Halo, maybe. Who knows, maybe not.

I understand peoples’ hesitation, but if you do happen to buy the game and have trouble with the windows store, don’t hesitate to PM me. I work on it and can probably help you or get you help if you have any issues.

Also - if your only experience trying the store was in the initial versions of Windows 10 pre-anniversary update, definitely try it again after the anniversary update. It’s not perfect yet, but there are countless improvements and bug fixes between the two.

Anyway, if you already own the title digitally on Xbox One or PC, preloads are now live on both platforms. Just check the “My Library” section of the store or navigate directly to the Forza Horizon 3 page and you can install it now so it’s ready for launch.

I’m not particularly impressed with the Windows store experience so far. I started the preload late last night after it went live, woke up to find it at about 30 GB downloaded, then a little bit later noticed that the download had completely reset and started from scratch. It then proceeded to get up to about 3 gigs downloaded before once again resetting. I’m currently at about 8 GB downloaded (of 49.04 GB) with fingers crossed.

Well, that definitely shouldn’t be happening.

So you didn’t touch it at all, it just reset on its own??

It won’t let me log in at all. Win 7 here.

Oh hang on. Incognito mode is ok.

Can you play the game on Windows 7?

Probably not, but I’ll be upgrading some time.

Correct - I haven’t paused or stopped the download manually at all. I’ve just been checking in on it every once in a while. I’ve seen a few other people mention the same issue elsewhere so it’s not a completely isolated case.

Can you please run wscollect from the start menu and PM me the file it puts on your desktop?

I’m going to presume the wheel support for FH3 is going to be as garbage as it was for Forza Apex,which makes this a no go.

If I could try it for a couple hours and then refund like on a certain other store then maybe, but I can’t pay sixty bucks for something and then find out my pedals don’t work, or the FFB doesn’t work.

Here’s the wheel list:

Looks like most Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels are supported but no Fanatec yet

When FANATEC comes it’ll be only the CSR that’s officially supported and then cross your fingers for the other wheels, plus no separate pedals because of the way UWP works.

If the GT3 wheel does work I can go back to my old pedals that plug into my wheel but the better pedals that I use for iRacing, AC, AMS, R3E et al won’t work because they’re on a separate usb input.

This is not a wheel racing sim game is it. I never used a wheel with the other 2, really it’s a arcade racer more than any sort of simulation.

Seems a shame not to play a great game because you can’t use a wheel.

Crew is not a wheel racing sim either, but the immersion and fun factor is enhanced tenfold by using a wheel. Same will be true here as long as the wheel actually works as it should. These games don’t have perfectly modeled cockpit views for no reason.

IIRC even mainline Forza’s wheel implementation is notoriously dodgy, though maybe it improved with Apex.