Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

oh yeah, i’d forgotten about all my emm386, himem.sys, qemm skills i learned during the dos days to get wing commander to run.

I played this at a friend’s house and now I’m tempted to buy an Xbox One and a 55" TV.

Update to the issues with the game crashing: I disabled my Avast AV software and the game runs fine so apparently that’s the problem. I guess I can live with this while I’m playing.

I’d never run Insider builds on my gaming PC. Stick to general release for gaming.

i don’t normally either. weirdly enough i only did it for an early anniversary update a few months ago. i guess i’ll roll back to an old pre insider image i saved.

If you haven’t already rolled back, don’t do it now. I think the fix will be live later today.

Look, I don’t know how to say this, but I had to fire one of you the other day. I feel really awful and just want you to know I will totally give you a glowing recommendation you know, if that street race you want to get in on has any questions.

Also, you three other guys that fired me, well fuck you.

If you’re in the Insider Fast ring, a new build was just made available which has the fix to games not launching properly.

Thanks for the heads up and saving me a re image. Can confirm v1.0.17.2 of FH3 on FR Insider build 149521 works. Even more than once per reboot.

Time to make a snapshot and try reinstalling security tools

Forza has hooked me and feels more lived-in than the technically sound Most Wanted, the pointless recent Hot Pursuit and the disappointing Rivals. I skipped the FMV filled one.

One of the few complaints I have about Forza is the showcase races. They are very dumb. They’re all just functionally time trials, except you can’t tell if you’re winning until the end.

They are just a bit of fun, not too be taken seriously, my kids love em and do em over and over. In FH1 and 2 you would actually win the vehicle you raced in it but this seems to have changed in FH3 which is a shame

Now works with my latest version of ESET NOD32 antivirus (in gamer mode, didn’t test with gamer mode off) and latest Fast Ring Insider. Whee.

Sneak peek at the first expansion:

Oh man, where did I put all my I LOVE COCAINE bear gifs?

TIL it snows in Australia.

Antartica expansion?

Demo for PC is out in the Windows store. Strangely it’s not linked from the main FH3 pages, you have to search for Forza Horzion 3 Demo. Holy crap is this game amazing looking in 3440x1440 on a 1080. Despite it being in the W10 store, I might have to pick this up. Enjoying it more than I thought I would from the demo.

Okay so I got this for Windows.

I think my friend id is LPall, but I’m not completely sure.

So far it’s pretty good. Auction seems busted as hell though.