Forza Horizon 4 - CaRPG in the UK

I really don’t understand the clothing thing in recent Forza games. Does anybody care about that? Paint jobs, sure, but the only time you see your driver outfit is on a menu screen, and not one you see often.

Same here. The car is what matters.

At least from the demo, your character is out of the car during cutscenes quite a bit. Though I must add, I didn’t care for the options in driver avatars much. I chose a girl with bedhead and an apparently permanent look of surprise on her face. It was funny to see her walk around not talking being shocked at everything. Like the movie stunt you do and are introduced to the movie star that you are apparently the spitting image of? Those two were quite surprised to meet each other, I inferred.

In the demo, they also have these new post-race scenes where they put you front and center and there’s a giant screen behind you displaying your credits and your picture. So I could see my clothes and appearance in detail a LOT in the demo.

Looking forward to seeing some fun monster routes. I always enjoyed those Goliath races.

Eurogamer says the game is great, but the intro to the game gets off to a slow start with the game’s five hour “rookie year”.

If you’re on PC, you likely don’t have much to worry about this time round.

I played this last night at a friend’s house and it is a seriously fun game. My only real complaint is the inane modern gaming score system, which is just impossibly stupid, but has been a staple in driving games since at least the original NFS: Shift. Drive well? You get points for not plowing into that wall! Drive like garbage? You get points for plowing into that wall! Not driving at all? You get points for sightseeing! Driving fast? Points! Driving on the road? Points! Driving off the road? Points! Hitting cars? Points! Avoiding cars? Points! Driving on the right side of the road? Points! Driving on the wrong side of the road? Points! Hit your horn? Points! Hit a jump? Points! Skid on the road surface? Points! Find something interesting? Points! Driving in reverse? Points! Drive through a puddle? Points! Driving in a race? Points! Driving on your own? Points! Challenge someone? Points! Win a race? Points! Come in dead fucking last place by ten miles? Points! And don’t forget about ways to add modifiers to all the points you’re getting! But are the points used for “Influence”? Points used to get credits? Points used to get spins? Points used to level up? Do you win cars? Do you win credits? Do you win points? Do you win clothes? Do you win novelty car horns? Do you unlock races? Do you unlock seasons?

I have never seen a scoring system with so many points be so devoid of one…

Fantastic post.

Points have become pretty meaningless in these kinds of racing games. I just tune them out for the most part. The only thing that matters is the objectives now. Have to finish a hotlap below a certain time. Have to finish the race ahead of a friend’s ghost. Have to finish this special events to unlock the next round of races, etc.

In FH3 you leveled up your skill tree (which is different to your level), which unlocking some features like more radio stations, the ‘photo cars to win money’ feature, extra xp and cars.

How to play the game for two months for less than $3.

1. Get this key https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/1-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one-360
  2. Redeem in the Store
  3. It will give you 1 month + 1 more month if it’s the firs time you sign up in game pass.
  4. Play for now some other games, on pc they have only this:
  5. Download Forza Horizon 4 on 3rd October.

Do those stack? Ie could I buy 6 and use them for 6 months?

One assumes not but you never know :)

I have no idea. I read a note somewhere while in a store page that you could only have the Game Pass subscription for up to 3 years. I guess you could sacrifice an extra $2.7 and see what happens.

I post this thing periodically just because I figure some folks may not be aware, but there’s no reason to pay money for Game Pass or, if you have an Xbox, Xbox Live. If you go sign up at Microsoft Rewards (here) you can do daily Bing searches and get points that can be cashed in for stuff like that. It doesn’t take too long to accumulate enough points for that, maybe a few weeks if I had to ballpark.

seems like a reason :)

All you gotta do is click 'em, dude. You can decide for yourself if it’s worth a few minutes a day to save some money, I’m just giving you info.

I checked it out last time you mentioned. That’s how I know TurinTur’s my real buddy :-D

Change your region to New Zealand and you can start the download. You won’t even need to restart or anything.

It was the Bismarck Anniversary this weekend and guess what I got as a gift?

No, it was Horizon Four.

So if you need a friend, try BismarckMaybe.