Forza Horizon 4 - CaRPG in the UK

New update released 428mb .

Current Release Notes: October 10th, 2018

Cross-Platform
• General stability improvements
• Changed the Titan FE Rivals Event to a regular Titan with an Upgrade Preset so non-VIPs can play it.
• Fix for stall when connecting to a multiplayer session.
• Fix for traffic sometimes not respawning after exiting an event sign-up in Horizon Life or after completing a Horizon Story.
• Fix for Creative Hub data when accessed from Leaderboards.
• Fix for crash during the rewards flow after completing a Horizon Story.
• Fix for race position changing sometimes when crossing the line in co-op.
• Fix for Xbox Silver Accounts not defaulting to Horizon Solo, resulting in failure to connect to multiplayer servers.
• Fix for #Forzathon Live cinematics disappearing after disconnection.
• Updated chase camera on the Mercedes Unimog to improve visibility.

PC
• Manual HDR option added. Note that some PC HDR users may find that their HDR setting becomes set to ‘off’ due to this update. They will need to toggle it back on using the manual setting.
• Fix for HDR detection when multiple displays are connected.
• Fix for user video settings being reset when graphics drivers are updated. Note that updating the driver just before running with this game update may still reset the video settings.
• Minimum AMD graphics driver version updated to 18.9.3.
• Fix for GPU crash after displaying the boot logo videos.
• Improvements to video options auto-detection when running with a 4k monitor.
• Fix for some cars parts appearing semi-transparent on AMD GPUs.
• Fix for accelerator pedal not working on Thrustmaster T150 in some set-ups.

Xbox
• Fix for displaying the fallback car when reaching the Dirt race series with only the initial install chunk installed.

I don’t see the sound bugs listed in that. Hopefully it falls under “General Stability Improvements”.

It seems to have solved my crashes, but general performance seems a bit worse. I went from zero stuttering and 60+ fps to some occasional stutters and dips below. I’ll play with settings later and try to figure it out.

Edit - I rebooted and everything seems back to normal performance wise. Back to enjoying the hell out of this amazing game! If you haven’t upgraded the Lotus Elise GT1 barn find and given it a go you’re missing out! This thing is a beautiful, beautiful road monster.

And some gratuitous screenshots.

I played a lot last night. I got the other activities done that didn’t require buying the car pack with the James Bond car (so jealous!), and consisently trailed behind @Wendelius’ drivatar last night. @Chappers’ drivatar is very aggressive and he’s usually hanging out in third place in my races, but he always tries to slap me into a wall or off the road when I pass him. Watch out for that one! Thank god I don’t have time reversal switched off.

Also, I didn’t experience any sound bugs last night for the first time, so the new patch must have addressed them in some way.

I’m really going to miss Autumn. I just love the state of the dirt tracks in the autumn season in this game, and the orange leaves everywhere.

Time for Winter everyone!

It knows me so well!

Glad my Drivatar gave you a bit of a race. It’s probably better than I am! :)

I’m very near the end of the 1 year intro. I haven’t played as much as I wish I did because I’ve been trying to be good and learn new stuff rather than play at night.

But once I am out, I’ll have to try and seek out your times and see whether I can best them. Maybe seek you out for an online driving session too.

2 million players in the first week. Glad this game is doing well.

For Forza Horizon 3, I bought it during the Thanksgiving sale on Xbox Live, and I suspect I’ll do the same here. But it is pretty darn cool that I get to play it at launch thanks to Game Pass.

I usually love the Horizons but this one pisses me off:

1. They no longer gift you the cars used in the Showcases
  2. The addition of clothes to the wheelspins can kiss my whole ass
  3. VIP doesn’t double wheelspin money
  4. I’ve been playing for 6 or 7 hours and still haven’t unlocked any daily payouts. I have no idea where or even if this starts.
  5. Forza app is being real stingy with the rewards

I’m never one that racks up the money to the 10s of millions but I always have money to buy the cars I want. This game has turned grindiest of the grindy. I guess this is all building up to the unveiling of the inevitable tokens. I have all ways supported them through the VIP nonsense and ignored tokens because the VIP made money not that big of a deal, but I smell a rat with this one.

This is the one reason I haven’t stopped playing.

You get offered a rental business as part of a story mission in Edinburgh.

The game really does feel stingy with credits. Once you’re past the intro and onto the main roster you can idle in a Mixer stream for influence and rack up a bunch of wheelspins. That’s what I’ve been doing the past few days (there are some 24/7 streams that you can leave idle on your PC overnight) and I’ve scored a few big credit spins between all the cosmetic garbage.

Another nice side effect is it hugely inflates your in-game level, unlocking the level 21, 30, and 40 side events quicker than normal play.

AFAIK there’s only one business right now, World’s Fastest Rentals which unlocks at level 21. At 19/30 stars I’m netting about 10k/day.

This comes as part of the normal mission track or do I need to be pursuing a particular series?

This is still the case for me in this game. Have you wanted to buy a car and couldn’t do it? I’m mostly saving money for houses, but even then, when a tournament requires a car type that I don’t have yet, I usually get the best/most expensive car in that category. Like when I played the Sports Utility series for Autumn, I bought the Lamborgini SUV concept vehicle, which was way more expensive than the others (550,000 Cr). Yes, that set me back because I’m trying to save money for the $5 million Cr house, but at the same time, if I need a car, I need a car, and I get the best one available in each category.

Someone mentioned this upthread too, something about streams that count being a blue ribbon stream or something like that? I looked on Mixer and found no special icons for any of the streams, blue ribbon or any other symbol.

I don’t think the ribbon shows up in search, but when you open up a stream it’ll be in the details box under the video:

Make sure your Mixer is linked to your Xbox account, then you can click the ribbon to see how much XP you’ve gained by watching. Next time you launch the game you’ll be awarded with the influence.

I have no idea at this point. I’m guessing by doing the earlier story missions (the stunt ones), but it could have just been general level progression, or maybe speed traps, or something else.

Thanks. You are saying that all I have to do is watch those streams on the MS account I use for Xbox Live?

If this works, it would probably fix my main gripe right now. No way I make it to 10 or 15 million on a regular grind.

Yes, as long as your account is linked. From stopping for the night Tuesday until Wednesday after work I think I racked up 15 or so wheelspins and ballooned my overall level to 85.

I’m going to disagree with a few of you.

From my experience this is easily the most rewarding Forza so far. All those clothes in the wheelspin just cover up the 2k & 5k credit prizes. In the last two Horizons I didn’t even bother using my spins after awhile. Thankfully 4 has a skip animation button!

There’s skill perks that give more spins on every car, and some have huge CR unlocks or other bonuses.

Winter is pretty cool. Some areas feels almost like a different map. The Land Rover in the #Forzathon shop controls great, worked pretty good on the cross country courses I took it on.