Forza Horizon 4 - CaRPG in the UK

Agreed 100%.

Also, this steam version will include all the DLC too apparently. So people will be getting Fortune Island, Lego Island and the new Hot Wheels cars that are yet to be released I think.

I mean…it’s no Bloody Rally Show, but it’s pretty good. ;)

I hate to admit it but I think I honestly liked FH3 a little more.

The crazy thing is that they’ve been adding more and more free cars to the game for over two years now, and THEY’RE STILL DOING IT. And not just old cars either - the game is getting new cars that have come out in the last couple of years, like the Jesko.

The game undoubtedly must be around 1000 cars now. Not to mention all of the new modes and “story” content they’ve added since 2018. And servers are still packed, in my experience.

FOURZA FOURIZON FOUR now available on Steam.

What’s more, it crossplays with the XBox and Gamepass versions. Which is such a great decision Microsoft must have made it by accident.

“What does this button do?”
“NOOOOOOOOO you activated crossplay you foooooool”

Saw this on CAG:

Free 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RSI
You need to log into the game between March 09, 10 am PST and March 14th, 10am PST.

Thanks!

Oh Fourizon, you don’t know me at all do you?

Gaaaaasssspppp

I went down to n00b level (yeah, I suck at driving games). I actually feel like I’m getting better tho.

Any Qt3’ers still playing? Is there a Qt3 club maybe? I’m playing on xBox and finally got through the ‘tutorial’ year, and having fun and would like to try more of the MP features if there are any Qt3’ers still playing… I have the same gamertag as my forum handle.

I play occasionally but tbh i don’t really see the “big picture” of it. There’s a lot of random stuff to do. Is there some kind of multiplayer you can do cooperatively with other people?

I don’t know why, but with FH5 coming soon, I actualy reinstalled FH4. It made me remember how superior to the competition is. The gameplay is great, but it’s the technical side what I wanted to comment, it is out of this world. Ultra details, MSAAx4 (!), 1440p, and the game still runs at 95-100 fps! While looking better than other racing games and having a big open world. Crazy.
It isn’t something like ‘oh, they perform 17% better than this other racing game’. It’s more like closer to 100%. Their engine is literally twice as better as others. It has to be almost insulting for other devs.

Agreed - performance is off the charts, even on old hardware. This engine with an actual progression system would be tops.

All right, now that Forza Horizon 5 is about to release, you know what time it is? That’s right, it’s time for divedivedive to try out Forza Horizon 4! And it’s a whole lot like Forza Horizon 3, which seems like a good thing so far! The only difference I can really tell off the bat is you can hang on to your combos a little longer - skidding into the siderails won’t kill the combo, though it will if you crash head on into something. Or so I’ve heard. But the racing is still fun, the countryside is quite lovely, and the cars make such wonderful revving sounds.

Oh, and! And! I’ve got a house! I don’t know why I have a house now or what I can really do with it. I can’t really get out of my car and go wander through its halls or anything, but it’s mine apparently, and all because I drove through a windmill for some guy. And they gave me a pickup truck because I played FH3. Things are looking up!

I dunno. I feel as though the change to always-online & added seasonal layers make Horizon 4 different (and not always in a good way). There’s more to do, sure, but also the Ubi-game-like map & event chaos / churn is completely overwhelming and not as easy to wrap my head around. Less focus. More is more?

I haven’t reached a point where I can tell if there’s more to do than previous games. It seems like it’s stepping me through seasonal events, maybe to prepare me for a crazy big open world that’s lying in wait for me. At the moment, there is usually only one or two events available to me at a given time (I’m still in winter, which doesn’t seem like an optimal time of year to be driving like a madman, but I’m rolling with it (see what I did there)).

Have you tried filtering the events on the map? It makes everything way more digestible. That way you can just focus on Cross Country events, or “New” events, or Challenges, or whatever you’re in the mood for.

You know I’m going to get flack for this but this version of England just isn’t interesting looking to me. Just way too many generic bland landscapes that look like a terrain mesh with random generated foliage spit on top. It’s a cool game for some time though. And Sean Bean seems kind of above average invested in voicing a part that isn’t as over the top as usual.

Forza 5 looks pretty perfect by comparison.

I have. It’s fine & useful but fussy IMO.

Late to the party as usual, but coming from The Crew the map just seems small in comparison. A miniature version of America is way more interesting than a miniature version of UK. Also Windows Store can DIAF. I bought the Windows Store version and the game had trouble with recognising my generic controller. So I refunded it and bought the Steam version instead, which works FLAWLESSLY with my controller.

So far there is a lot of busy work but I am still enjoying the roaming.