Forza Horizon 5 - Open world Mexico

You can also just turn the radio volume down to 0, and play Spotify instead.

Back at you, Penny!

(P.S. Please don’t beat the time. I don’t want to lap this car any more)

You are awesome, great time! That is certainly out of my league.

When I challenge some random leaderboard people further up the charts they all seemed to be running the AMG1 without a rear wing?

Is that graphical, or did the bug that let you tune the car in between joining and starting an event work in rivals too?

If it is that bug, then next month’s event (which should be about a week) it shouldn’t be an issue.

If you insist. I’m into Stalker and Terminator right now anyway. Next month I take no prisoners though.

PSA: Don’t put obvious jokes about Kim Jong-Il on liveries, I guess.

I guess it was the #sendNukes the thing that triggered the ban.

I admire the optimism of the ban, thinking that any humans (or at least human civilization that could support the infrastructure for online gaming–there might be cave people again) will even be around 8000 years from now. At the rate we’re going, I don’t give us another 200, what with the already mentioned nukes, climate change etc.

I wonder how long the ban would have been if ‘year’ could handle a 5 digit value.

Some highfalutin’ analysis about why this game feels so good to play.

Now I really want to try the multiplayer for the first time.

Has anyone here tried the multiplayer races? @tomchick maybe? How do you fare? Middle of the pack?

Naw, I’ve played almost no multiplayer. Not even much rivals mode.

I have to admit that I’m confused as to whether I should even bother. As I’ve said, I play exclusively from the cockpit view, without the minimap or digital tach/speedometer, with all the assists turned off, without the colored traction line, with manual transmission and clutching. It’s not a very well supported way to play the game (for instance, there’s no way for me to tell what gear I’m in unless it’s part of the car’s dashboard), but it’s especially problematic in multiplayer. I would be driving against people whose cars have traction control and brake assists and automatic transmissions, who get a color-coded indicator of the race line that all but drives the car for them, with a full overhead view of the track on their HUDs and 100% visibility around their positions. Why would I do that? :)

I don’t mind missing out, as it’s not at all a progression track that interests me. But more to the point, it’s a progression track that I feel like I’ve been shut out of because of how I enjoy playing. But I would be curious to hear how it’s working out for other folks.

-Tom

I’ve played quite a lot of multiplayer, and it works well. There is just the right amount of fishing to prevent griefing, while still allowing and rubbing and needing to orchestrate passes.

Everyone is ghosting at the start, to prevent the inevitable clusterfuck at the first turn as in prior games. Then it’ll ghost of someone is about to slam into you at high speed, so people can’t just use you as a turning assist and throw you into the wall.

Also, if you slam into walls at high speed, it penalizes you by slowing you down for a bit.

Known as “crashing” IRL. Not currently implemented in Forza in any meaningful way. :)

-Tom

Yeah, I remember before they implemented these changes in FH4 the first 20-30 seconds of any race were a total clusterfuck. The way it dynamically recognizes when someone is about to ram you is generally pretty impressive too, though not perfect.

You used to grit your teeth going into every corner, waiting for the inevitable loser who would smash into you at full speed and use that to get through the turn.

Yeah I really like how much of an improvement this is over previous iterations. Forza is really smart about when it makes cars appear as a ghost and giving out penalties. Makes racing against rando’s fun!

Apparently “Monthly” rivals didn’t roll over yet?

Anyway, the guy I beat by 0.004 seconds with a 54.400 came back and beat that time and threw it back at me and then this happened:

I don’t know if it ranks by assists, a hidden fourth digit, or alphabetically by club name but it says I’m beating him (by 00:00.000) so it counts!

The game came out on November 5th, and the previous “monthly” rivals event in the Ford Bronco lasted less than a week, which I was grousing about upthread. So I’d estimate maybe around November 10th or so? So I figure this one will last until about December 10th.

EDIT: And I think it’s Alphabetical. Hypnotoad was beating me in a similar way on the monthly event by 00:00.000.

I’d be in favour of it being a neat calendar month. Get on it, Microsoft. (As soon as you finish fixing the Gamepass client. (hahahahaha))