Forza Horizon 5 - Open world Mexico

There are emotion and emphasis in Forza Horizon 5? :)

So far, I would love nothing more than to be unable to hear all the emotion and emphasis. Sadly, the volume slider for dialogue seems to do bupkis. I’ve turned it all the way down to zero and I’m still being assailed by talking idiots who want me to watch unskippable cutscenes. Man, the beginning of these games is worse than a dang JRPG or Kojima game.

-Tom

Where does it fall on the 7 to 9 scale for douchiness?

Let’s see, on the 7to 9 scale, I give it a “ugh, I quit out after two missions and booted up Rider’s Republic, where the dialogue volume slider actually works”.

Seriously, though, it looks great and the early slices of Mexico they jam into your face look promising. I don’t know how long I’m going to be able to withstand the relentless firehose of inconsequential new cars accompanied by breathless cheerleading from its cast of plastic dumbasses, but I’m going to give it my best shot.

-Tom

Looks like they did a great job even with the base Xbox One version. And after reading this, I guess I’ll try the 30fps quality mode after all, since it’s supposedly so good.

A lot of people who are born deaf are not fluent in English. ASL/BSL is their first language.

I ran into an issue where, even though I was logged into my Xbox account on my PC, clicking said account would just reload the sign-in screen over and over again. This fixed it:

Just lost about 90 minutes to it, had a blast. Forza Horizon 3 was the first one I played, and the intro to it still is one of my favorites in all of gaming. This comes close in that regard, as the opening was just breathtaking.

Either the math in Forza Horizon 5 is buggy, @editer hacked the game, or ties are resolved in alphabetical order. Whatever the case, NOT COOL.

-Tom

What’s the difference between Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, besides Horizon being a bit more arcadey?

They’re very different types of games. Forza Motorsport is about circuit racing. Forza Horizon is an open-world racing game with a ton of different types of racing, events, and challenges.

Is this a setup for a joke or have you really never played any of them?

Motorsport is all serious and is track based racing only. Horizon is open world and all yo bro car festival culture.

Never played any of them. So is Horizon like EA’s Burnout Paradise or Ubisoft’s The Crew?

More like Test Drive Unlimited. It’s the developers of Project Gotham Racing, if you ever played that series, so they’ve got that type of sensibility in a game like Test Drive Unlimited.

It’s a lot like Burnout Paradise. Less like The Crew because there’s not really an rpg progression like The Crew has.

Article says 800k, but people says it’s 900k already. That’s 900k simultaneous players in the game, when the only way to play it right now it’s to pay the expensive premium edition, which includes early access, when in 3 days people will be able to play it on Gamepass on… substantially less money, that’s for sure.

I’m curious what the stats are for people that buy games that are on Game Pass, while they still have a Game Pass sub. I assume there has to be people that do this.

I’ve done it if the game is on sale.

I bought a couple of InXile games when they were on sale super cheap recently.

I was tempted to get it yesterday. They have the “premium bundle” on sale for $45 for game pass members. So you get to play early, yes, but you also get the Car pass, the VIP membership, and both expansion packs. You don’t own the base game that way, but you’ll get that through Game pass anyway.

That’s what I did — bought the pack with all the add-ons, but not the base game because I still have a couple of years of prepaid Game Pass and if it’s ever being delisted I imagine they’ll follow the tradition of discounting it significantly beforehand.

Weirdly, the game (Windows version) crashed to desktop at the end of that trial for me. I didn’t even realize it logged it as completed.

Also, I find the algorithm fair and perfect.