Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

No issues or anything on my part, Ironsight. Just as we move on, the game could get bogged down if we turn repeatedly to the designer for every rule we have a question on.

Hopefully @Brooski will get his game today and we can get started.

I hope!

I just started my new job this week, though, so I hope you can give me until Friday night once I’ve finished my week. I’m not working weekends for a couple weeks yet! Yay!

Another day or two won’t matter in the long run. Hope you like the new job.

For sure you can trade cards for faction influence, but not statesman influence.

Here’s a neat little crossover with our game frrom the EiA PBF game.

The cursed “Ograbme”.

My faction votes to declare war on France in support of the beleaguered nation of Prussia over in the EIA game.

Ah, the Ograbme! Just give it a few card draws and we will get there.

ARIVRD

AARIVED

ER.

Gimme until tammorah nite.

Excellent! Looking forward to getting this one started.

This section of the house public gallery is also looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Best of luck to all.

Just for reference, I’m East Coast US and won’t see any moves after about 10 PM my time as I’ll be fast asleep by then. :)

And a big BOO to Ben Franklin for coming up with Daylight Savings Time and costing me an hour of sleep this weekend.

I will join you in cheering Ben’s eventual demise this game.

Do you don’t have to search through the thread, the issue on the table is here: Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Ok, thanks everyone for waiting. So, I need to appoint a Secretary of War, amirite? Er, doth I spake trothful?

You have three choices. Appoint a Secretary of War for option A, appoint an Envoy for option B, or Ignore the issue and implement the consequences of that choice. If you choose A or B then Congress also votes to support your choice or not, and if Congress votes it down then the Failed consequences get implemented (same as if you ignored the issue). Look carefully at the popularity results in the upper right of the card along with what happens based on your choice. Also make sure that whoever you appoint has the Ability to at least match the Difficulty on the upper left, with added Influence cubes as needed.

Of course the fourth choice it to table the issue for now and do something else like imposing a tariff or taxes and then come back to the issue.

Edit - I’ve said from the start that option A is the only one that makes sense to me, but others have disagreed.

Option E is to kick it to your Veep (me), @Brooski

Yup, but he can only do that once per term.

Gentlemen,

Why ye always strive to lift the cudgel, mayhaps when thouest True Nature and the gifts of Providence lead Otherways? Nay, the brethren of the Great Isles may have been our enemies, yet even now it is within our hearts and the Interests of State to sit and speak as Gentle Men to Gentle Men.

[EDIT]

Choice B resolved (Negotiate)
Appoint Alexander Hamilton (@Cuthbert) Special Envoy

I don’t think you can appoint the VP as an office holder too. You can delegate the issue to him and then it would be up to him to appoint the special envoy. At least I “think” that’s how it would work.