Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

The People Phase

1. Assign influence: One influence to each faction. One to Adams and Jefferson as party leaders. One to Hamilton and Burr per their special ability.

2. Draft Action Cards:

Once I get home from work and the toddler to bed, I will deal out the next set of action cards. Draft order is:
@Ironsight
@Cuthbert
@Panzeh
@Navaronegun
@Brooski

Go with your gut

@Panzeh, you are up in the draft.

@Brooski manages to grow his faction’s presence in Virginia, recruiting elder statesman Patrick Henry to the cause.

We have completed the draft stage, so we now move on to The Control Newspapers phase. Party leaders @Navaronegun and @Panzeh, you may elect to publish the Conservative and Liberal newspapers, respectively. If you choose to publish, they will give you one popular support and then disappear. If you hold off, you or others in your faction can increase the value of the newspapers by spending 2IP.

This table supposedly makes it easier, though I’m not sure I’ve done a great job translating it from board to spreadsheet:

Once we are done with Newspapers, we move on to the Round, where we start with @Navaronegun and then move down the player order. Each player may Make a Speech, Whip up Support, and Fund Newspapers.

The Atlantic Patriot publishes.

DeWitt

The Empire State spawns another Federalist. DeWitt Clinton joins my faction.

Publish the newspaper.

The two newspapers publish, cancelling each other out. @Navaronegun for the first turn of The Round. Any speeches, whipping up, or newspaper investing? Each costs 1IP base, plus possibly more for the speech.

Adams will attempt to meet with Party leaders in PA and MD to whip up support using Faction Influence.. That is all.

Adams succeeds with a 4, whipping up one support for the Consevative faction.

Over to @Brooski for the next action.

No actions.

Over to @Cuthbert.

Hamilton will Found the Federalist Paper because he loves puns.

@Panzeh

I assume using his personal influence.

Yes, thank you.

Are you done @Cuthbert? I thought you posted that above. If so we are waiting on @Panzeh I believe.

Jefferson will spend 1 IP to make a speech.

Jefferson will spend 1 IP to fund a newspaper

Jefferson will spend 1 IP to try to get support.

Yes, I’m done, sorry, forgot we could do everything at once.

Jefferson attempts to make a speech in New Jersey, trying to win over its Fedalist leaning citizens. Sadly, he badly misjudged the room, and attempted to stress the importance of free trade to a tariff loving crowd. Jefferson was ridiculed in the local papers and chased out of town. (Jefferson rolled a one on his speech).

Jefferson parlayed his mistreatment by the “devil’s of New Jersey” into additional support for the Democratic-Republican cause in Virginia (Jefferson rolled a 3 to whip up support).

Finally, Jefferson started to publish a newspaper in Carolina, the Raleigh Evening Mail.

@Ironsight, you are up next.

After @Ironsight, we will bid for the final initiative, starting with @Brooski.