Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Over to @Cuthbert.

Hamilton will Found the Federalist Paper because he loves puns.

@Panzeh

I assume using his personal influence.

Yes, thank you.

Are you done @Cuthbert? I thought you posted that above. If so we are waiting on @Panzeh I believe.

Jefferson will spend 1 IP to make a speech.

Jefferson will spend 1 IP to fund a newspaper

Jefferson will spend 1 IP to try to get support.

Yes, I’m done, sorry, forgot we could do everything at once.

Jefferson attempts to make a speech in New Jersey, trying to win over its Fedalist leaning citizens. Sadly, he badly misjudged the room, and attempted to stress the importance of free trade to a tariff loving crowd. Jefferson was ridiculed in the local papers and chased out of town. (Jefferson rolled a one on his speech).

Jefferson parlayed his mistreatment by the “devil’s of New Jersey” into additional support for the Democratic-Republican cause in Virginia (Jefferson rolled a 3 to whip up support).

Finally, Jefferson started to publish a newspaper in Carolina, the Raleigh Evening Mail.

@Ironsight, you are up next.

After @Ironsight, we will bid for the final initiative, starting with @Brooski.

John Quincy Adams decides to make an important speech (using my only action card) at Boston Common railing against the fake news being published in several liberal newspapers. He gains influence from this well received speech that allows him to enlist donors to fund The Atlantic Patriot newspaper, founded by his father (place a Conservative party cube), in the hope of garnering further public support for the Federalists in the future.

No other actions so over to you @Brooski to start the bidding.

I bid TEH ZERO.

@Ironsight

I believe @Panzeh in next?

Edit - Nope, @Cuthbert is next dummy.

Indeed. @Panzeh has one faction influence available to bid.

Oh wait, @Cuthbert is after @Brooski!

I will bid one Influence.

Now it’s @Panzeh’s bid but with only 1 cube he can’t bid. Aaron Burr will use his 2 IP for my faction bid.

This post not valid until Panzeh has a chance to determine whether he will play cards to gain IP and bid.

@Ironsight wins the auction, as @Navaronegun has no possible way to get to 3 influence with only 1IP and 1 card in hand.

I’ll send Ironsight his card now. @Ironsight, what action, if any, will you take?

Sorry, no action.

Before we move forward, @Panzeh needs to have an opportunity to bid. He may be able to play cards to gain influence. If he chooses not to bid, @Ironsight’s bid will stand.

My bad. I forgot about cards that could be played. Apologies to @Panzeh.

No bid