Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Not sure where we are at right now @CF_Kane. Still drafting cards? Thanks.

Edit - I also would rather not add any new rules at this point. We can think about that if we decide to extend the game with the expansion. Let’s see how long it takes to get through the basic game first.

This I wouldn’t mind.

Only problem with that approach is that the expansion replaces a few issues in Era B and Era C. I can take a look and see what the impact is when my copy arrives. If the impact is minor, we may want to replace the issues with their expansion versions to enable the expansion if we decide to play.

My copy should arrive soon, so I’ll post the differences so that we can discuss.

@spotlightgames Do you know where this other game is going to be posted? I’d love to see how another group is doing.

Still drafting cards. @Navaronegun is up and @Brooski is on deck.

Me either

George Clinton: Liberal Statesman from New York. 1M/1, 3 votes. Age #5. joins John Jay’s faction.

Breaking News: Financial markets have reacted with a severe downturn after liberal Chief Justice William H. Crawford egregiously abused his judicial power. His move to block formation of the National Bank after it was lawfully enacted overwhelmingly by Congress has caused turmoil and widespread panic at home and abroad.

The Panic of 1797 sets in. -2 to reserves, Public Support moves 1 toward the center, Jefferson’s popularity -1.

The ashamed Crawford was heard to mutter “What goes around comes around I guess”.

Should probably be the Panic of 1805 at this point haha.

Oh, we’ve caught up to the EIH game!

Popular Support to 0. Reserves to 48. Jefferson popularity to 8.

Historians will debate why Washington betrayed his Federalist roots in the waning days of his second term to appoint such a liberal judge as Chief Justice. What did his long time rival Jefferson have on him to warrant such an appointment? It will continue on as a stain on Washington’s otherwise brilliant career.

Hamilton’s amicus curae brief read simply “Trust me, I was there! It’s constitutional!”

At the rate this game is going it won’t be over until Rick’s next expansion is out!

Good, then we can go all the way up the the modern era and play action cards like “hanging chad” and “special prosecutor”

(Actually the Cold War would probably work fine with this system)

Cuban Missile Crisis: D6, handled by President. Pass:no effect, President’s popularity +2. Fail: the game ends due to nuclear war.

I’m willing to moderate as long as folks are willing to play. I think we can probably knock out two terms a week, but more than that will depend on people’s schedules.

I’m just bored at work but I understand if other people have to, yknow, actually do work.

Yeah I realize that we have people on both coasts which makes it hard. I also realize people have to work, well except me since I’m retired. Every day is Saturday for me. :)

This forum could use some buttons that let you click Like! or Funny!. I read things here that I would use them on constantly.

Just for fun, during the lull I could mention a few things about this game that would be different with the expansions.

• When Suffrage passed, three Lady politicians would enter the game.
  • When a naval attack Issue came up that would create another office, Secretary of the Navy, which must be filled by a person with Military ability.
  • Attorney General and Postmaster General would be two other new offices.
  • Each time Jefferson lost an election he would garner a black ring. If he had two rings he couldn’t be a candidate anymore. But before that happened he could allow someone else to run.
  • After the Chief Justice made his ruling he could have been subject to a new Judicial Impeachment card
  • Patrick Henry gains a new speechmaking ability. Harrison increases his ability in the role of General.

The best patronage office in American history (and in the game).